Proof of Multiplayer

ProsperXoXo

You can't just give up because of some annoying guys, I believe in you and your project, just keep up the good work man. I'd do anything to help you, but I don't know much about Fallout 3's engine, I'm a source modder, but ehh, if there's another way to help you, just tell. Oh and you don't need to hurry.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you can get this done man. I'd offer to help but alas I cannot. I hope you get a lot of support for this. It would be fun to have a viable multiplayer function.

Umm wow, there is a lot of douchebaggery in this topic... give the guy a break, at least he is trying something everybody has been dreaming of and having some results.

to the OP, do you think you could make some "light" version that at least synchronise static objects, like megaton house lockers, i mean even if it isn't 100% online, i would greatly apreciate to be able to leave some equipment/caps to a friend at his home for when he comes back playing, hell even some kind of primitive messageboard would be nice.

Well, thanks to sharing with us your belive about the cruel world, that is just blind to see your genius.

But don't worry, this happend before in history to other great enlightened and brillant scientists.

The reaction of the community towards you of course isn't in no means your fault.

It's just the people... and the world... and the universe... that has totally gone evil :unsure:

Man, I would give you another kudos for this post if I could.

Prosper/Cakester, good luck with your project. Mod for yourself and try not to be so sensitive about everyone's little comments. You will be a happier person.

-Q

• 1 month later...
My honest opinion? I think it will be too difficult. My dad is a game programmer, and he knows it isn't easy to make a multiplayer. Especially since this is a mod your talking about. And what about older PCs? And the instancing? How will you do that without serious lag?

Unfortunately, the FO3 game engine (Gamebryo) does not translate well into multiplayer (or a lot of other things) And they give us hobby people a cut down version of the engine to work with.

I have been looking at this one http://developer.nvidia.com/object/udk.html It's free for non commercial use. It seems to have a lot that the FO3 engine does not, as well as the capability for either single or multi player. You would have to do a lot to remake Oblivion. But it is much easier and faster to use than Gamebryo. Look at the Dungeon Defense demo - it was made in just 4 months. Plus, unlike the Gambryo engine, this one has regular updates to make it even better and add more features.

I don't recommend actually trying to remake Oblivion, but making an Oblivion like game using this.

I think the OP is well on his way and his efforts will come to fruition in due time. I know him and he is going places in life due to his ingenuity. Its all genuine and alot of companies would be lucky to hire him.

Any hostility in this thread is misplaced and people should just relax a tad.

to those who may still think this MP project is a fake i LOL at urfaces.

Doh! I came here and now I feel so guilty. But who can blame me? The good news is financial support for life issues is within my grasp now. Bad news is i am still searching for a job, and I am unable to decide how much time to allocate to this project anymore.

I will try to resume once I finish learning some more advanced topics of programming.