Proof of Multiplayer

ProsperXoXo

i can come up with alot of ideas but im not a moder PM me if you need some ill have atlest a few that you will like

like a base for the players

a team or a army

new missions if you want

i can go into more details so pm me if you want some ideas

i can come up with stuff to fit almost anything

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a conversion.
but no none of the capital wasteland as you know it will be intended to exploration for multiplayer.
As stated here.

Go to dictionary.com and look up convert or conversion. You will see that would involve a modification and direct change to an existing thing. I am not touching any of the vanilla content, I am simply adding new onto the game.

Throwing around terms like TC is just what disappointed fans of failed projects say because they never had the courage to take their own initiative.

i dont quite get it anymore -.-

1. gamebryo engine = sucky graphics

2. fallout engine (modified gamebryo) with too much hardcoded bs = basicly no real possibilities in reprogramming it without cracking the exe which = illegal, apart from being annoyingly hard as it might be a problem getting access to the gamebryo dev forums

hence if you dont want to use any of the assets which are quite good actually why do you try to work with this rather mediocre game engine anyway?

get UnrealEd or somin and make a real multiplayer game without nonsense like that limited scripting language... you know there are engines which are programmed to do exactly that without you looking for workarounds which will be choppy at best. making dialogues or menus is alot easier in unreal than turning fallout into multiplayer,

if you want it just as a scientific research project for yourself then there is no need to bother common gamers with it, check those morrowind or oblivion multiplayer mods of which none work at all in a playable way

3. why 2 WIP threads? - reported for merge -

i dont quite get it anymore -.-

1. gamebryo engine = sucky graphics

2. fallout engine (modified gamebryo) with too much hardcoded bs = basicly no real possibilities in reprogramming it without cracking the exe which = illegal, apart from being annoyingly hard as it might be a problem getting access to the gamebryo dev forums

hence if you dont want to use any of the assets which are quite good actually why do you try to work with this rather mediocre game engine anyway?

get UnrealEd or somin and make a real multiplayer game without nonsense like that limited scripting language... you know there are engines which are programmed to do exactly that without you looking for workarounds which will be choppy at best. making dialogues or menus is alot easier in unreal than turning fallout into multiplayer,

if you want it just as a scientific research project for yourself then there is no need to bother common gamers with it, check those morrowind or oblivion multiplayer mods of which none work at all in a playable way

3. why 2 WIP threads? - reported for merge -

Have mercy Mr. Jaysus! I am just too primitive to use anything that is slightly more complicated then the GECK. Unreal is just too advanced. I know because I haven't even researched into what it is. All I need to know is that I am more comfortable with my stance I have already taken.

But if you really wanna know.. I want the kudos for using such an engine like gamebryo and the available tools released for fallout 3 to bring about an unimaginable creation.

Go to dictionary.com and look up convert or conversion. You will see that would involve a modification and direct change to an existing thing. I am not touching any of the vanilla content, I am simply adding new onto the game.

Throwing around terms like TC is just what disappointed fans of failed projects say because they never had the courage to take their own initiative.

Doesn't matter what the dictionary say about it. Total Conversion means to recreate the entire game and only leave the engine as a basement.

But that you prefer to ignore that fact, that is common speech in modding scene for years already, gives a good statement about this entire project.

I just want to save you many wasted hours. But I belive you dont get it anyway.

Here a last suggestion, Jaysus already mentioned it. There is a development Tool for the Unreal 3 Engine.

It is by far the most powerful game developing tool ever released. Surely it needs some skill, but it can do nearly everything, if you have the know how.

http://www.udk.com/

Well, I am off this topic, that starts to get ridiculous.

Yoss

Come on guys, stop it already with all the demoralizing stuff. If it works and is successful, be happy that something like that could be achieved in Fallout 3, if it's an epic fail just accept it and move on. Give the guy some credit and room, at least he's is ACTUALLY doing something rather than some guy that request/thread bump for irrelevant stuff like a Dragon Ball Z overhaul mod/bleach overhaul.

The multiplayer will include -

The ability to form 8 player teams...

Explore exciting new environments

Lots of action, but only a few rpg-like objectives so the players don't get to caught up.

You will be able to login with an account and be immediately placed in a town(s).