Proof of Multiplayer

ProsperXoXo

mmh, now that i think of it its actually really rather easy to fake somin like that :D

begin onactivate
showmessage connecttoservermenu
if button == x (yaya not the actual code menus are complicated)
placeatme thatotherdude
end

begin onhit
startscriptpackage shootintheairAIPackage
end

of course thats just a possibility, but as long as he wont tell how he managed it im really sceptical too tbh ;)

the question is why would anyone go through all the trouble? you can fish people much easier with penis pill emails i would assume dear sir, and then you wouldnt leave a splendid footprint with every forum post and connection to the forum...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give a short explanation of how I am achieving what I am.

Computers have memory. Game's and applications of all sorts use a memory space. In the case of Fallout 3, you can easily locate details of the game by just scanning for the appropriate values.

When GECKScripting you will often have a need for variables . We can set the values of variables to be many different values.

What I did was setup my scripts to accumulate information about the main player character and store this information the variables. Next is where my program comes in. What my program does is scan memory for expected values these variables will be set to, and upon finding them it keeps track of the address of each variable.

After that, with simple programming logic and consistent reads to those exact places in memory where you found the variables, you can easily extract the information you need so you can communicate with a server what was found.

The server receives the data and then forwards it to all other clients who are connected. The job of those clients is to then force your game to update with other player's information.

Now for updating the game, you just need to set the values of variables that way it is letting the GECKscripts make use of them to produce a result in the game.

@ JaySUS, you can say bye-bye to any possibility of me rigging those creatures. ;)

OH and the guy who thought this was a fake, just go away NOW. Don't come back. You aren't prepared to accept the risks.

Finally, anyone else who wishes to perpetuate counter-productive claims, you can kiss my ass.

FYI I haven't gotten this to work outside my network yet, but I am sure I will eventually. (I wish I had two computers capable of running fallout 3... then i could debug on both and this would be much much faster)

Cakester showed proof of an external application manipulating an ingame terminal screen a long time ago. Considering that this is based on Cakester's code, any programmer worth his salt should realize that this is essentially the same thing applied to the player character, only it's reading, talking to the opposite client, and then writing. It's not elementary, but it certainly isn't rocket science, and refusing to believe that it's legitimate on the sole basis that Prosper doesn't want to divulge the source code isn't reasonable. Whoops; he did divulge the source code.

I'd wager that we're never going to see any meaningful sort of multiplayer, partially because there's only been one real effort toward it since the game's release, and partially because that one effort has been met with so much undue skepticism and hostility that it'd take a masochist to get involved with it at all.

I think what you're doing is aewsome prosper =).

however, I couldn't really see that anything was happening in that second video.

also, why use a camcorder to make videos? perhaps you should try using FRAPS or a similar program. I notice that you said there was no lag, but I'm wondering how much bandwidth this would take, especially in large fights or groups of more than two people. Speaking of that, what is the theoretical limitation on number of players?

though I know this isn't a high priority, do you think it'd be possible to make, say, the single player campaign and quests work with coop?

anyway, +kudos for your amazing effort.

I think what you're doing is aewsome prosper =).

however, I couldn't really see that anything was happening in that second video.

also, why use a camcorder to make videos? perhaps you should try using FRAPS or a similar program. I notice that you said there was no lag, but I'm wondering how much bandwidth this would take, especially in large fights or groups of more than two people. Speaking of that, what is the theoretical limitation on number of players?

though I know this isn't a high priority, do you think it'd be possible to make, say, the single player campaign and quests work with coop?

anyway, +kudos for your amazing effort.

ty Sir Burbinator! The good news now is, I just increased the performance of the server application by x2. The client is also a bit neater organized now.

I mean really really fast!

I am going to optimize the client a bit more by changing some more of its network code. And I think after that things will look very smooth.

Burbinator I will message you .

Bam. Works outside my network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdeLxtGUjE8

Well, we see a guy, that moves a few steps... this can be done easily by a AI Package. Still I belive it's a good made fake... however I am wondering why someone would take so much effort to create a fake :blink:

If you just would post a bit of the GECK Script Code, I would proberbly belive it, but since GECK is quite limited to set player specific variables about player actions, I still dont see how it would be possible with GECK scripting.