Un-normal fighting lag.

ownagemate

The damage from a hit will come after the animation. This is what I mean.

Sten hits a darkspawn. Animation plays.

Darkspawn takes damage only 20 seconds later.

WTF.

Cone of cold has been casted.

Animation plays, effect doesn't.

Enemies move 10 feet away from the initial cone and then get frozen, 20 seconds later.

WTF.

I'm on the lowest possible settings with 1024MB video ram and 4ghz CPU and 3 GB of ram. What the hell is happening?

I get this bug aswell, mostly in crowded fight scenes. My specs are above recomended and no matter whether i use full graphic settings or lowest, I still get this lag. It's very irritating and usually causes deaths to my players, healing pots and spells take so long to take effect.

I have never had this lag my self. I know there can be two reasons, memory leak in the game(you can do nothing) or you are not meeting the real hardware requirements. One thing is what recommended specs Bioware writes on the box, another thing is what really get DAO to run smoothly.

I run the game fairly well with a AMD 945 IIx4 / 6 GB RAM / Nvidia 280 1GB, wich is way beyond the recommend.

• 10 months later...

Not a spec issue from what I can tell, since it happens to people with some pretty powerful systems.

Seems to be that scripts get delayed in firing. I haven't found a way to fix it yet though. Even though a lot of people seem to have this problem.

I encountered that same problem when I patched to V1.04. I had an AMD 1,9 Barton, 3 gigs RAM and an ATI x800 (512) on an ASUS board. No high end visual effects at all (top bar was grayed out). To be fair I was limping along with a dying and crippled install of XP Pro SP2. It took so very long for damage to show and spells to take effect. Most often the villain would die at what seemed like the appropriate time and his/her health bar would zero out very quickly.

I did solve that problem by going into hock for a new build (long story as to why). An AMD Tri Core 3.1 g , ATI 5750 (as I recall) at 1 gig, 4 gigs of RAM and Windoze 7 (32 bit). One or all of those changes worked to solve the problem and did also unlock the top most video detail slider (I can now see eye color). Game now seems smooth.

One thing that I thought might have been causing the problem was an obscene amount of mods, both addin and override. However the game is an exact clone of DO:A that I had been playing for some many months (goddess only knows what sorts of clutter and fragments are floating about in there) but it plays with no stutter and no lag.

But, come to think of it, this new build is absolutely dedicated to DA:O... it is the only game and nearly the only program I have installed. Internet, McAfee and a movie player is DA:Os only competition for resources. Heck, I don't even have "Freecell".... and I do miss that morning ritual.

DA:O is hungry and must be fed.

Cheers

Yeah I got this somewhere in the middle of the game, before it was just choppy, now the effects and stuff lag. I have XP SP 2 (oops) Vista and on my other computer with Windows 7 the lag doesn't happen... And it can run without choppiness on Medium (actually I don't know what its set to) even though it shouldn't (it doesn't have a good graphics card).

Also I've had it patched to 1.04 since I started playing so I don't know if that is really a problem or not.

Edited by K00L

same here no lag on Windows 7 but lag on XP. Could be something to do with the OS but as I'm not to savvy at the moment when it comes to PC matters (have problems concentrating on reading at present) I could be off base completely lol