CTD support

aureolus

no need to get snappy at me, i mean personally it would make sense if tow games run the same (or atleast similar) engine, that if one works the other would also.

lol Nobody is getting snappy big guy. Just making a point. I know it would 'make sense' but it just .doesn't.work.like.that. Never has and never will - I don't understand why people keep using that as a rationale.

Interesting thread... and now to this post;

I agree with you 3incryptabl3 but almost all newbies make this mistake. You know, the whole if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck thing. However in this case it turns out that it is not a duck! hehehe

Although Fallout 3 looks like and plays similar to Oblivion it is a completely different game. The engine may be the same but the parts built around it are completely different. Just because you are able to run Oblivion and Morrowind or any other Bethesda games has nothing to do with Fallout 3. Thinking otherwise is just poor logic.

It is however a very common newbie mistake. I understand why people make it yet it is a mistake nonetheless. Fallout 3 is a separate entity and should be treated as such.

PS: I also didn't read your reply as snappy. I don't know where he got that but behaving like that is the surest way to get people to stop helping him. He needs to learn to appreciate peoples posts and know that if people didn't care about his problem that they wouldn't waste their precious time in posting at all.

Another common newbie mistake but I am hopeful that he will realize the error in his accusation and apologize for his inappropriate behaviour. I chalk it up to him feeling frustrated at his situation but that is not an excuse. We are all cheering this thread on and hoping for a successful outcome.

Edited by oOtailspinOo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic