Problems with blender

CherryKunoichi

All the stock .nifs and .dds files for Oblivion are stored in .bsa files in your data directory. You can use OBMM's bsa browser utility to look through these files and unpack them to your hard drive. For modding purposes I made a D:\data directory and unpacked all my meshes and textures there so whenever I want to change a vanilla item it's right there, and I never save anything in that directory so it stays 'clean'.

As far as loading .nif files in blender, you should go to File then Import then scroll down to where it says Netimmerse Gambryo .nif. If you've been trying to use 'open' it won't work, that's just for opening .blend files. Use import instead.

-Razorpony

The 1st thing I do after installing Oblivion is the extraction of all the BSA files to a separate folder.

Article: How To Extract BSA Files with BSA Commander

Once I extract the meshes and textures to BSA Commander's "out" folder, I then configure NifSkope to "look" in this folder as well as Oblivion's Data folder. If I ever open a NIF model in NifSkope that uses vanilla/stock textures, it will pick up the path from the "out" folder where I extracted all the vanilla textures. ;)

LHammonds