question about item scripts...

Weatherby

Hi all,

I have a custom item loader script which calls .uti tags and adds them to your character's inventory. Is there a way to use such a script to add items from addons or other custom mod content that doesn't come with builder-to-builder packages?

Example: Shadow Warden Armor..... GREAT mod! However, I can't get it to add the armor to my inventory since the time I first installed it. It added it once and now it won't add it for any other characters...... SO I was hoping that I could use the .erf or something out of the addin directory to allow me to insert the armor into my custom item loader script so that I know it will load on game_load if my character doesn't already have a copy of the armor in inventory..... I'm not trying to steal someone else's work, I just want to create one load script that contains all the equipment I want to load on new characters that I know works and won't clash with other mods/addons....

Thanks.

You just need to open ShadowWardens_Arm_modcore.erf with the toolset and add the item names to your script (sha_wardens_boots.uti, sha_wardens_coat.uti, sha_wardens_gloves.uti).

The script has to be removed from the shadow wardens armor addon because otherwise it will be always added twice, once with the shadow wardens addon and the second time with your addon.

What about the .uti resources? Do they need extracted from the erf? If so, do I then need to import them somehow into my module so that the script knows where these items are and so that they can be exported along with all of the other custom items I have created and or added this way?

I tried just adding the names of th e.uti files to my script and reexported the script itself but no luck on game load.... So wondering if there's another step I'm missing? :)

Thanks for the help btw!!!!!

Then try exporting the *.uti files to your Dragon Age\AddIns\YOUR_MODULE\module\override\toolsetexport folder. If it still doesn't work you could just rebuild the addon, all files are there but you would have to recreate all the items etc.

I'm new to modding so it's possible that there's a better way to do it. :unsure: