Save me from Skyrim Sorcery/My own mistakes!

lewisdude

Likely through disobeying all instructions in Civil War Overhaul (ie START A NEW GAME), I've screwed up my skyrim save. I am imperial, and ALL stormcloaks (including the guards in stormcloak-allied towns like Dawnstar and Riften) attack me on sight. This means several quests cannot be completed (Message to Whiterun, the Thieves' Guild quests, etc). New games, and very very old saves with a new character, do not have this problem

Can anyone suggest a console command or fix for this problem?

This problem persists through adding and removing Civil War Overhaul. I have completed the Battle for Whiterun and am now on Reunification of Skyrim. Small note; somehow- god knows how- I did the Battle for Whiterun quest BEFORE the Message to Whiterun quest. I setstaged my way out of this particular issue, but it might affect things.

Civil War Overhaul Debugging

Main CW Quest IS ON STAGE 50

We are IN THE IMPERIAL NPC FACTION

CWO Thinks you are on OFFENSE/DEFAULT

CWO thinks your current hold is N/A

Imperial MM Score is: 0.000

Stormcloak MM Score is: 0.000

CWPercepntPoolRemainingAttacker is at 0

CWPercentPoolRemainingDefender is at 100

Towns are all owned by their default owners.

Help?

With CWO it's normal that Stormcloacks attack you, it's supposed to work like that. You can try "disguise" - use stormcloak armor and see, what happens. Worked for me. But if you already removed CWO because of that.. then no idea, removing it middle of questline is not really good.

From mod own description page:

"Basically, after the first siege of Whiterun, the guards in holds your faction does not own will be hostile toward you. All enemy soldiers will be hostile to you as well. Let me say this again because I get a lot of questions about this: HALF OF SKYRIM WILL BE HOSTILE TO YOU. THIS INCLUDES CITY GUARDS IN HOLDS YOU DO NOT OWN. THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM FROM BEING HOSTILE IS TO DISGUISE YOURSELF IN THE OTHER SIDE'S ARMOR, OR TO TAKE THE HOLD FOR YOURSELF. For example, if I am an imperial, I can't walk into Windhelm without causing every city guard to attack me there unless I put on stormcloak armor, or until I finish the civil war."