Custom Armor

WastelandLoner

I have very recently started using Nifskope to play around with meshes, and have spent hours reading and watching all the tutorials I can find. I am slowly getting into it and tried to create a custom armor. Nothing overly complicated (or so I thought) I just placed some arclight helmets on the shoulders of a metal armor suit.

I created a new armor in geck and it showed up fine in the model view window, but in game the helmets are invisible. In a tutorial it said this can be down to not having checked a box for shadow flags, but I have done this with no luck.

Please can anyone offer any advice?

• 3 months later...

Click on the main body piece and in the nodes list expand until you find like a lil pain tablet (under the main body node) and click on it, then under the properties window you should find "shaders" something something.. there next to it will be shader_default or something like that, double click it and choose shader_skin, then down below that there should be another shadow/shader thing, double click that as well and a bunch of lil check boxes should come up, check the boxes next to the lowest down "shad".. something something (I cannot see the rest of it in MY nifskope but I know to click this one), and up above that near the middle of the check box list, there is another box next to the word "window" something something, click that as well then save and it should work once you replace the mesh. For me at least, sorry it is so.... rustic and unprofessional, to say the least, I just do not use nifskope ~too~ much except for replacing stuff, I mostly work in geck and blender so its all kinda foggy for me.