Can not download file and other errors

Khalifrio

I and a lot of other people are having issues trying to download Sofia Customizer by Adrianus92.

If you try to use NMM it does not even try to start to download at all. It just sits there for a few seconds then says server unreachable. If you try to download it manually the pop up box says an error has occurred.

I tried to report the file and even that brought up a error message.

Error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

There was an error while saving your topic.

There is something seriously wrong here. Could some one please look into it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55300/?

I just went premium and getting failed downloads. The speed is just unbearable.

It starts out at 20kb and as time goes by it drops slower and slower untill finally

dl fails.

Is this what my premium gets me? Cant tell a difference from premium to

non-premium user.

Can this be addressed or linked to the proper channels? Thanks.

Been that way all week here. If those little red and block "An error occurred" boxes with nothing in them were nickles I'd be rich. I agree with Elderago, the problems started when they stopped letting us choose our servers. At least then when a server failed you could try others ntil one worked. Now all you can do is click download manually, wait for the little error box to pop up and then try it again. Over and over and over and...

It's the worst today it's been all week. Been trying to download a file since early this morning and haven't been able to get past the aforementioned little box even once. Do we get a vote on this latest change because it's sure not working for me.

Edited by Nofsdad

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1867235-steam-sale-and-downloading-issues-prompts-cdn-expansion/

(The gist of it, ALL file servers currently are completely overcrowded. Even if you could still choose one, there'd be none that worked. All concurrent connections are consumed.

You could as well just draw a number for a waiting line, but there's thousands in line with you on every server. Alternatives for next Steam Sale are already being worked on, as the article explains in detail.

This current one though can only be survived with patience, and not just adding to the problem even more instead.)

Well, that makes sense even though I never knew about steam having a sale (I don't use steam). I wonder if this is also the cause of some other issue i'm having when just browsing one of the sites. Description: background images completely disappears leaving the pages white and disorganized looking, still useable though.