DIMONIZED TYPE3 Body WIP Problem

falloutperson416

Where did you install Fallout 3 at?

Default is something like C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

(or \Program Files (x86)\ if you run a 64 bit windows)

One way to find out where you installed Fallout 3 is to right click on the Fallout 3 icon on either your start menu or your desktop and select properties.

Where did you install Fallout 3 at?

Default is something like C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

(or \Program Files (x86)\ if you run a 64 bit windows)

One way to find out where you installed Fallout 3 is to right click on the Fallout 3 icon on either your start menu or your desktop and select properties.

Alright, well I played around with it and found it :D But when I click under Beth. Soft.> Fall.3>Data, and when I click "Extract" it says it cant extract to this loc. or something...

Thank's, Falloutperson416

Let me guess: Windows Vista/7

Actually I do seem to remember you posting you had Win 7 before...

In that case make sure you turn off UAC.

The easiest way to deal with it might be to just extract the mod where it is, run Windows Explorer as admin, and copy/paste (or drag/drop) from there.

Yeah, windows 7. You siad something about a UAC? Grrr, how do you turn this off? Then after this is done, how do I extract it from where it is and stuff?

Hey i'm really sorry that you have to walk me through every single step of this prosess, I have absoloutly no expiereince with this stuff :c

Falloutperson416

It is a security mechanism which may be preventing you from extracting mods to your data folder. You know when the screen dims and Windows bugs you about "are you sure you want to do this?" That's UAC.

Alright, well I disabled it, and man, disabling it does save you the loss of about 20% of the time your active on the computer, at least for me...

So now on to the extracting part... Do I extract the file exactly the same way I did last time? Or is there now a speciall way of doing it?

You should be able to do it the same way. Just open up in 7zip (or whichever archiver you use) and extract to your Fallout 3 data folder. Don't forget that type3 includes multiple versions in one zip file, so you have to click through a couple of directories to get to the one you want.