Why are there no mithral weapons?

3rdtryguy

Only reason they dont have mithral swords and bows cuz ppl who made this game didnt know what textures or meshes to use..>If you want silver armor or mithral weapons get blender...And make yourself or ask someone to make it for you :)

Well, you could also take Elven weapons, re-texture them to look like Mithril metal and add the Reflective Metal technique to make them shiny. Then add them to the Construction Set and make them extra light and fast.

LHammonds

Ah, now we're talkin'. Thanks Azira!

I did a search for mithral weapons but got zilch.

LHammonds, that's a most excellent idea. I like the elven shapes and think those shapes in supershiny, featherlight mithral would be just the thing. Once I learn how to retexture, I'll do just that if somebody doesn't beat me to it. I suppose something gold-plated would also be nice if it was shiny and didn't look dwarven.

Hmmm... I just got an idea for a mod.

-What if there was some blacksmith who did work with alloys and such?

-What if he sent you questing for materials that he could use, such as sets of mithral armor, silver weapons, orcish molds gold nuggets, and chunks of admantium?

-What if he could then take those items, melt them down, make alloys and such, and then reforge them into new custom items?

-What if you had to equip each item a few times along the way for a custom fit? You'd put it on and smack it with your hammer, but couldn't repair it all the way until after doing this a few times. As the item got more & more completely tailored to you, it would become more & more repairable, have higher health, weigh less, encumber you less, interfere with spellcasting less, offer more protection or do more damage. It could take half a day to make a set, but once finished it could be worth it.

Oooh, even better, what if that was only the first part, and then came the final finishing? I'd imagine a mithral/adamantine alloy would look quite ugly, but be very light and strong. A final plating of silver or gold could be added and polished to a high lustre for a topnotch item.

HA! Maybe throw in some dialogue paying tribute to that old show "Are you being served?" and let there be some lines like 'let me get your inside leg" and "don't worry, it will ride up with wear."

Or not. I guess that would only be funny to a select few.

Anyway, I suppose it would be hard to do, but yeah, custom-tailored equipment made of unusual materials would be great. The construction of each piece would be like a little micro-quest, and it would feel like finally having something special in the game. Enchanting the pieces would just be gravy.

Ha! I re-uploaded the authors original images after they were lost in the TESSource to TESNexus conversion but completely forgot it even existed. Very funny.

I did a search for mithral weapons but got zilch.
Helps if you spell it correctly. ;)

Once I learn how to retexture, I'll do just that if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

What Are All These Texture Files

How To Create New Re-Textured Items

Reflective Metal

Glowmaps 101

How To Make Mods

How to Extract BSA Files using BSA Commander

DDS Tools Listing

LHammonds