Why?

LegoManIAm94

In the view of science the purpose of life is to live.

I didn't say live and die, I said live...

The only reason that we know of is to stay alive and continue our genetic code. Any other purpose for human life can not be answered until someone makes a massive discovery...

This goes very close to "what happens after we die?" we only know that we die, nothing else. We will still need to make a discovery to prove if anything else happens.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm another Discovery Channel question ... unfortunately my reply would get me banned ... just thought that I'd point out the fact that not everyone believes in the religion of evolution or humanistic ideologies and the theoretical god called science.

Hmmm another Discovery Channel question ... unfortunately my reply would get me banned ... just thought that I'd point out the fact that not everyone believes in the religion of evolution or humanistic ideologies and the theoretical god called science.

If someone doesn't believe in science then they don't need to be living in a house, they don't need to be going on a computer, they don't need to be using things that SCIENCE brought to them.

Not believing in evolution is worse then not believing in gravity. There is more solid proof to evolution then to gravity. There is more solid proof to evolution then to tectonic plates. I will be open to anyone with their theory if they want to deny evolution, gravity, and tectonic plates

Now back on topic. Whether you believe in evolution or not, our only known purpose is to reproduce and live. That's shown in nature at its smallest forms, and goes all the way up to its biggest forms.

Edited by marharth

If someone doesn't believe in science then they don't need to be living in a house, they don't need to be going on a computer, they don't need to be using things that SCIENCE brought to them.

Not believing in evolution is worse then not believing in gravity. There is more solid proof to evolution then to gravity. There is more solid proof to evolution then to tectonic plates. I will be open to anyone with their theory if they want to deny evolution, gravity, and tectonic plates

Now back on topic. Whether you believe in evolution or not, our only known purpose is to reproduce and live. That's shown in nature at its smallest forms, and goes all the way up to its biggest forms.

First of all, you know exactly where I was going with my comment.

Secondly, I have no problem with science itself but rather with the fact that so many of the propositions which they present as science or fact - which pertain to subjects such as origins of life or the universe etc. - are in actual fact exactly mere theories.

and because I do not want to enter into a debate in which I will not be able to properly defend myself because of one-sided rules (my opinion) here, I'm not going to reply any further.

Neither am I coming back to this thread, so say what you must, cheers.

Yes it is a theory, but so is gravity.

A huge percentage of the world believes in the theory of gravity.

There is more solid proof to evolution then to gravity, so why would someone no believe in both then?

I don't really want this to turn into a religious topic, so lets hope no one replies to my post.