Shojo Race minor prob.

lewbob

I installed this mod and everything works fine but one little issue is driving me crazy. The hands are a darker shade than the rest of the body. I tried simple tweaks in the GECK but to no avail. If there is anyone who can give me some help on this issue I will be grateful. The mod is great but I like for the characters features to blend together better. Here is a screen of the problem:

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem, i'm using the pipboy5000 mod but then my Shojo's hands become slightly larger and different color to the main body.

It looks very weird the hand when checking the pipboy, what mesh/texture files should i be using to get normal hands?

Any help in getting my character more normal would help!

Thanks

I have a similar problem, i'm using the pipboy5000 mod but then my Shojo's hands become slightly larger and different color to the main body.

It looks very weird the hand when checking the pipboy, what mesh/texture files should i be using to get normal hands?

Any help in getting my character more normal would help!

Thanks

This might help your visuals when checking the pipboy - open your Fallout.ini file (located in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout3)

Find the line fPipboy1stPersonFOV=??? and change whatever value is there (in place of the ???).

Bigger numbers put the pipboy further away. Default is 47 I believe. Most people use 35 for Readius, I use 25. Just change it, save and test it in game, until you find one that suits you. I'm guessing this will help with the deformed arm shape you're getting.

Not sure what to suggest regarding the hands colours mismatch. I've had the issue myself (with a non-shojo custom race though), if I changed my skin tone using "showracemenu", but saving and reloading always fixed it for me. There are a couple of hand replacers you could try though - with short nails, or long nails.

Hope that helps!

Hugs & Kisses,

Elouise

I can help with the hand color mismatch. I just got all mine corrected. Go into program files, fallout, data, textures, then female folder...select handfemale_1st. Thats the file you need to edit to chenge both hands color. Download "DDS convertor" here at nexus as well as GIMP or use whatever paint program you like and convert the (handfemale_1st)dds to a jpeg, adjust the color with editor, save, convert it back to a DDS, then save it back over in the female texture folder.

Make sense?

You can do this for the upperbody texture as well. GIMP is an awsome paint program that is free and you can get it here at nexus, should check it out if you havent already.

This might help your visuals when checking the pipboy - open your Fallout.ini file (located in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout3)

Find the line fPipboy1stPersonFOV=??? and change whatever value is there (in place of the ???).

Bigger numbers put the pipboy further away. Default is 47 I believe. Most people use 35 for Readius, I use 25. Just change it, save and test it in game, until you find one that suits you. I'm guessing this will help with the deformed arm shape you're getting.

Not sure what to suggest regarding the hands colours mismatch. I've had the issue myself (with a non-shojo custom race though), if I changed my skin tone using "showracemenu", but saving and reloading always fixed it for me. There are a couple of hand replacers you could try though - with short nails, or long nails.

Hope that helps!

Hugs & Kisses,

Elouise

Thanks for the info!

But its not really problem of distance,(pipboy is already quite small as it is) its like no matter which femalelefthand*.nif file I replace, the left hand is still adult size x.X Could this be a texture problem? xD

Thanks trypal7, that helps, now the hand doesn't seem so bad and stand out so much anymore! :P