Wonkey Lockup

MudDragon

Would someone be willing to help me troubleshoot?

When I startup Fallout everything runs fine, I select New Game, opening cinematic run fine but when it cuts to the black screen at birth it will freeze, or it will freeze when you can first 'see' the doctors who delivered you.

I've reinstalled, then installed Disk 2 on GotYE for the DLC Packs and updated to 1.7, problem presisits. I have adjusted graphics from ultra high down to high, med, and then low, problem continues.

--------------------------------------------

Update: I got into the game and the 1yr old phase, i actually now suspect this may be an issue associated to my hardware...

Would someone be willing to help me troubleshoot?

When I startup Fallout everything runs fine, I select New Game, opening cinematic run fine but when it cuts to the black screen at birth it will freeze, or it will freeze when you can first 'see' the doctors who delivered you.

I've reinstalled, then installed Disk 2 on GotYE for the DLC Packs and updated to 1.7, problem presisits. I have adjusted graphics from ultra high down to high, med, and then low, problem continues.

Update: I got into the game and the 1yr old phase, i actually now suspect this may be an issue associated to my hardware...

When I had the birth lock-up problem, what worked for me was to adjust the settings in Options>Advanced... of the default launcher. in my case the launcher would set it too low (no matter what the detail setting was) for it to run, though I don't know if it will help your one year old.

i don't have very many options for testing atm wish i had TES Morror or Oblv to try, but I got Fallout and Cmaerons Avatar (free game yay!) the game and it seems Avatar ran fine but Fallout locked up

Ok so scratch that. It locks up after a few minutes of running and I can ctrl alt del out of it (im using an old USB uni keyboard so i keep trying to press some mac funct button instead of alt) I see a lot of stuff on how to fix this problem, any direct suggestions are appericated and I thank you, I'll post when I get it fixed to lock and merge/remove this thread

Other problem pusedo resolved (i believe this is a result of bad documentation on ASRock's part and not an actual issue, but still have not fully confirmed)

-------------------

Spoke too soon, as soon as i posted this and started playing it locked up and crashed again