Nvidia gtx400

Thor a single card will use 300w not counting the other stuff so you will need a powesuply that is a lot bigger 600w minimum maybe 700w

From what i have seen now the 480 offers 15% performance over the 5870 but with more power consumption and more heat.

Nvidea wanted to have the fastest video-card but they only got the fastest GPU. The 5970 is still faster than the 480.

Maybe a nvidea dual-gpu will come and take the crown of fastest card but considering the power consumption of 1 gpu this is unlikely.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a decent 1000 watt psu, its good enough for 2 "295's" :thumbsup:

Not to mention invidia sli certified.

grammar check

Edited by Thor.

That'll work. :biggrin:

Are you going to get one?

What motherboard do you have that does not support ATI cards?

SLI is out of the question unless you get the very expensive hydrocopper ones.

I currently have a 5850 which goes up against the 470. They preform about he same but the cheapest 470 here is 367€ and my factory overclocked 5850 was 276€.

Check out my profile, i have everything that i could fit :biggrin: that is. so much stuff so little space.

current specs

Windows 7 64bit

Windows xp 64bit

HD a sata barracuda 750gb

ssd drive 128gb OCZ

Western digital 250gb hd c drive partition

AMD quad Phenom at 3.0ghz by default-now at 3.50ghz, used to be at 4.0ghz, declocked for safety reasons :biggrin:

4gb of ddr3 wentic ram, not 6 because the phenom cant use 6 :(

2 9800gtx's 1gbram

And a Antec full size server case black.

Note a friend of mine is willing to buy my 2 9800gtx's for around 125$ each. Discount :thumbsup:

Unnecessary laughter removed :turned:

Edited by Thor.

Have you had a look at the new 890gx/sb850 boards yet?

And the hexacores will go on sale soon they will threaten the i7-860 and i7-920/30

Unfortunately they came to late for me I have already upgraded my system based on a i7-860.

But the new 890gx/sb850 + amd hexacore = pretty good value for money.

A good tri sli/crossfire mobo is hard to find the current intel chipsets do not have enough pci-e lanes for 16x16x16.

Currently there is the msi big bang trinergy, this has a chip that makes triple sli more efficient.

EVGA mobo's support sli they even make a quad sli board with socket 1366 and an x58 chipset.

I wonder what the performance is of four gtx9800's they are really easy to get second hand now here in the Netherlands.

I updated my computer info to my new beast check it out

Actually they run pretty good, for a none dx11 card. I managed to get around 40fps in crysis with the 2 of them. Resolution around 1280x960. Completely maxed out.

Yikes almost forgot about the Hexacores coming from amd, they will bring some nice competition :biggrin:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/its_official_amd_confirms_hexacore_thuban_cpu

Backwards Compatibility with AM3 is the Big Surprise?

I might have to wait a little longer this year, they are coming out this year they say.

Kill two stones with one bird.