REQUEST: Codename "Oblivocast"

LunisSpellweaver

Hello guys.

I want to make a request for a special magic mod.

To start of, the mod I was thinking of, which I'll just call "Oblivocast", is a gameplay overhaul that changes how magic can be cast in Skyrim. Here is some points I want to bring up:

• Manual Operation: This mod would function much like the popular Smartcast on the Nexus, with a few changes. First, there would be no auto-cast for spells. Instead, the mod would revolve around manual activation, using the spell via a hot-key. Hence, the spells in question can be used much like a power instead of using a hand.
  • Dual-Casting: The spell will always follow the guidelines of dual-casting, always consuming more magicka than if single-casting. This will greatly affect the need for the dual-cast perk, no matter the spell being used.
  • Freeing Up a Hand: Let's say I want to play a Two-Handed-warrior-type character who is also proficient in magic. I want to quickly change between using a Two-Handed Sword and shocking enemies into oblivion without having to eat up a quick-slot. Pressing the hot-key, I immediately cast sparks on the enemy, and continue casting it until I hit the hot-key again. Without any additional labor, I re-draw my Greatsword. I switch my selected spell in my favorites menu to Thunderbolt later on, and pressing the hot-key uses the cast time, launching the bolt after charging, and I immediately switch back to my Greatsword without any additional hot-key action.
  • Leveling and Magicka Overhaul: To compensate for the lack of spell usage in your active hands, the leveling process is slightly increased. Also, to compensate for the always-dual-cast problem, Magicka regen is increased by 60% passively.
  • Usage Beside Normal Powers/Shouts: Since the spells use a separate hot-key to activate, you can use these spells alongside shouts without having to choose one or the other.
  • How it Could Work: To be realistic, this mod is really just a work-around to the whole process of switching equipment, just like switching between a bow and a sword-and-shield. All it really does is briefly dual-equip the selected spell, then load up the previous weapon. Somewhat simple modding, but it can go a long ways.

Of course, this is just a concept. I tried to keep this request as balanced as possible, because, as you guys already probably know, Smartcast is quite overpowered.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of that is covered by the Witchhunter Spell Package.

I took a look at the mod. I was highly unimpressed.

The mod I was intending was to add and/or replace spells that can be used alongside weapons that have a sort of Projectile. Many of the Witchhunter spells listed in the are weapon augmentations, what I was intending was that you could throw fireballs at an enemy like you did in Oblivion and/or TESO. I was slightly inspired by Smart Cast for this, but not in a sense that it would be overpowered (and the animations for spell casting are not-existent in the mod). It's more of an immersion thing.