Neat script i want to share

angelwraith

dont know if anyone has posted this or anything like this but i have seen the methods others use to sort items and thought it was waaay too complicated and thought of an easier way

select all the items you want sorted into said container and drag them onto a form list (make one, they're in misc.).

make sure the container is persistant and name it whatever you want (for here its myContainer)

make a terminal and use this script replacing "myContainer" with w/e name you decided on.

also you must replace "myListName" with whatever you called your list

THATS IT YOURE DONE, yeah you heard me no more bs hardcoding refrence names over and over and over..

its drag and drop baby!!!

oh 1 more VERY IMPORTANT NOTE this script requires FOSE to be loaded in both the editor and the game

if you dont know how go here http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Fallout...E_with_the_GECK

int listnumF
int myCount
int formrefnumF
ref formref

set formrefnumF to ListGetCount myListName
Label 1
if listnumF <= formrefnumF
set formref to listgetnthform myListNamelistnumF
set myCount to player.getitemcount formref
player.removeitem formref myCount
myContainer.additem formref myCount
set listnumF to listnumF + 1
goto 1
endif
set listnumF to 0

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

dont know if anyone has posted this or anything like this but i have seen the methods others use to sort items and thought it was waaay too complicated and thought of an easier way

select all the items you want sorted into said container and drag them onto a form list (make one, they're in misc.).

make sure the container is persistant and name it whatever you want (for here its myContainer)

make a terminal and use this script replacing "myContainer" with w/e name you decided on.

also you must replace "myListName" with whatever you called your list

THATS IT YOURE DONE, yeah you heard me no more bs hardcoding refrence names over and over and over..

its drag and drop baby!!!

oh 1 more VERY IMPORTANT NOTE this script requires FOSE to be loaded in both the editor and the game

if you dont know how go here http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Fallout...E_with_the_GECK

int listnumFint myCountint formrefnumFref formrefset formrefnumF to ListGetCount myListNameLabel 1if listnumF <= formrefnumF	set formref to listgetnthform myListNamelistnumF	set myCount to player.getitemcount formref	player.removeitem formref myCount	myContainer.additem formref myCount	set listnumF to listnumF + 1	goto 1endifset listnumF to 0

The script doesnt work for me. I cant get it to save

• 1 year later...

If you copied it in that run on sentence format, that's why. (I'm guessing some change in the forum since the original posting did it)

Here (I think) is the correct formatting:

; make a terminal and use this script replacing "myContainer" with w/e name you decided on.
; also you must replace "myListName" with whatever you called your list
; By: Angelwraith

int listnumF
int myCount
int formrefnumF
ref formref
set formrefnumF to ListGetCount myListName
Label 1
if listnumF <= formrefnumF	
	set formref to listgetnthform myListName listnumF
	set myCount to player.getitemcount formref	
	player.removeitem formref myCount