No Speech

I gots a bit of a problem, when I talk to, or am talked to by someone the dialog is missing until I get to where I can chose a dialog option. After that all the dialog is proper, just not the opening dialog. Can anyone help? Oh also I got a ton of mods so maybe there is no help for me? I think it started after I installed the"Oblivion Stutter Remover" mod, maybe, I'm not sure about that one. If you can help that's cool but if not that's okay too, it's just a little bit of a peeve that's all, nothing major, I can still play it like it is.

I gots a bit of a problem, when I talk to, or am talked to by someone the dialog is missing until I get to where I can chose a dialog option. After that all the dialog is proper, just not the opening dialog. Can anyone help? Oh also I got a ton of mods so maybe there is no help for me? I think it started after I installed the"Oblivion Stutter Remover" mod, maybe, I'm not sure about that one. If you can help that's cool but if not that's okay too, it's just a little bit of a peeve that's all, nothing major, I can still play it like it is.

Since you have a ton of mods it would help to post a load order. If you have OBMM(Oblivion Mod Manager) go to Import/Export on the right of the main window and select View Load Oder. Save the resulting text to something like Wordpad and copy and paste it here.

One of the mods known to cause dialogue issues like this is the Cheydinhal Petshop because it edited the timing for speech accidentally. If you have this mod I can post a fix if you have the Construction Set. You don't need any particular knowledge of the CS to do this. It just involves making a quick change and saving the esp.

Since you have a ton of mods it would help to post a load order. If you have OBMM(Oblivion Mod Manager) go to Import/Export on the right of the main window and select View Load Oder. Save the resulting text to something like Wordpad and copy and paste it here.

One of the mods known to cause dialogue issues like this is the Cheydinhal Petshop because it edited the timing for speech accidentally. If you have this mod I can post a fix if you have the Construction Set. You don't need any particular knowledge of the CS to do this. It just involves making a quick change and saving the esp.

I don't have Oblivion Mod Manager, but I do have Wrye Bash, is there any way to do the same thing? Also yes I do have Cheydinhal Petshop and I do have the Construction Set, that would be awesome thanks.

I usually use OBMM to list my load order but in Wrye Bash if you right click on the FILE tab under Replacers - Mods- Saves etc you'll get a menu where it says List Mods. If you click that it will generate a list which you can copy and paste. I'm not using the latest version either so I'm assuming it's the same. I must update..

For the Cheydinhal Petshop go here. It's the second post and there's no need to login.

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/tes-iv-ob...utions-t132.htm

I hope that fixes your speech issues. :smile:

No the Cheydinhal Petshop fix didn't work, could I just get rid of it? I don't really use it any more. Anyway here is my mod list order:

Active Mod Files:

00 Oblivion.esm

01 Kvatch Rebuilt.esm

02 HorseCombatMaster.esm

03 KT_KhajEyeToggleNoEff.esp

04 LifeDetect Shader Red.esp

05 Inebriation.esp

06 Cyrodilic Brandy.esp

07 CM_Better Wine_SI.esp

08 Bedrollsanyone.esp

09 Realistic Values.esp [Version 1.0]

0A OblivionSkoomaAddiction1.0.esp

0B Larger Ogres and Trolls etc.esp

0C Q - Gem Value Modifier - Realistic v1.1.esp

0D show jewlery Female.esp

0E Q - Playable Dremora Armor v1.1.esp

0F RealSleep.esp

10 Cheydinhal Petshop.esp

11 Knights.esp

12 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.9]

13 SM Plugin Refurbish - Knights.esp [Version 1.06]

14 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

15 SM Plugin Refurbish - SI.esp [Version 1.05]

16 DLCOrrery.esp

17 DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.3]

18 SM Plugin Refurbish - Orrery.esp [Version 1.11]

19 DLCFrostcrag.esp

1A DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.4]

1B SM Plugin Refurbish - Frostcrag.esp [Version 1.09]

1C DLCThievesDen.esp

1D DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp [Version 1.0.4]

1E SM Plugin Refurbish - ThievesDen.esp [Version 1.11]

1F DLCVileLair.esp

20 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

21 SM Plugin Refurbish - VileLair.esp [Version 1.11]

22 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

23 DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.4]

24 SM Plugin Refurbish - MehrunesRazor.esp [Version 1.11]

25 Dragon Castle V1.1.esp

26 King of Worms is a Lich.esp [Version 1.0]

27 LootableLichHelm_Hvy.esp

28 Elder Council Plugin 1.1.esp

29 Necromancers Basement.esp

2A More Female Servants.esp

2B AnvilBayExpansion.esp

2C PowerAttack Voicemod.esp

2D Crowded Roads 7.esp

2E Crowded Cities 15.esp

2F BetterVampiresE1.15.esp

30 Hunter's Sight Toggle.esp

31 severianskatanas1_2.esp

32 ninjamask.esp

33 Dark Brotherhood Armor Bounty v1.0.esp

34 Deadlier Traps.esp

35 FasterArrows200.esp

36 attack and hide medium v2.0.esp

37 DarkLeatherArmor.esp

38 Elemental Horses.esp

39 Better Oblivion Pack 15 - Leveling Rewards.esp

3A Spell Delete.esp

3B KoldornsImprovedLava.esp

3C Leviathan Soulgems.esp

3D Dude Wheres My Horse.esp

3E Dark Dungeons - SI.esp

3F CharGenAmulet.esp

40 DLCSpellTomes.esp

41 DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]

42 Capucines Character Expansion.esp

43 2367-1.0-Borderless Cyrodiil-TESSource.esp

44 Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

45 Mithril and Orcish Weapon Sets by Ionis.esp [Version 2.0.0]

46 Bigger_Bears-3733.esp

47 actors_in_charge.esp

48 Sauron_Armor_Chest.esp

49 BladesSmithySTANDARD.esp

4A Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp

4B ACCCGR SI.esp

4C Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp

4D Crown Jewels.esp

4E BETTER_IMPERIAL_DRAGON_ARMOR_WITH_EMPERORS_WEAPONS_v1-10027.esp

4F Darker_Caves-8944.esp

50 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

51 bnmDLTIC-1-6.esp [Version 1.6]

52 Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

53 Natural_Vegetation_200%_by_Max_Tael.esp

54 Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

55 Natural_Weather_with_darker_Nights_by_Max_Tael.esp

56 AliveWaters.esp

57 AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp

58 AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp

59 10Interior_Light-7162.esp

5A Apotheosis - The Dark Path of Transcendence.esp

5B Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

5C Atmospheric Loading Screens - Random Quotes.esp

5D Deadly Reflex 5 - Timed block and 150% damage.esp

5E DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp

5F FasterHorses.esp

Yes, you can remove the Petshop. Extract the archive you downloaded into a temporary folder somewhere out of the Oblivion directory and remove all the files in your data folder exactly as they are in the extracted file. Plus the esp.

Your load order is a bit of a mess.. :smile: The Bashed Patch for one should be last in the list, bar a couple of exceptions, otherwise nothing it includes is going to work.

Get BOSS(Better Oblivion Sorting Software) to sort your load order for you.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

This may very well fix your dialogue problem if the mods are loaded in the correct order.

Oh my God! Thank you so much! It worked like a charm, you are awesome. It was really starting to bother me, never thought it would but id did, thanks again.

I remember seeing this one guys signature and it said (more or less): "Sometimes I think we spend more time trying to get Oblivion to work than actually playing" and I think, no, I know that's true, for me anyway.

Sorry but this confused me a little: "Extract the archive you downloaded into a temporary folder somewhere out of the Oblivion directory and remove all the files in your data folder exactly as they are in the extracted file. Plus the esp." I'm a little slow when it comes to computers, so sorry for sounding stupid.

It took me a while but I think he's telling you to look in your pet shop folder and compare it with what's inside your oblivion data folder so that you can delete everything that's in your data folder that has to do with pet shop by comparing it.

Sorry but this confused me a little: "Extract the archive you downloaded into a temporary folder somewhere out of the Oblivion directory and remove all the files in your data folder exactly as they are in the extracted file. Plus the esp." I'm a little slow when it comes to computers, so sorry for sounding stupid.