Is Bethsoft down???!????

Balakirev

Oh crap! All my old private messages from Bethsoft are gone! Dang! I had some important ones saved there too.

Are you sure? Click on Messenger at the top of the page. I just did, and all my messages were there.

One thing I completely dislike is the forum change at bethesda completely blanked all of my profile settings accept for hiding my e-mail. No more signature no more avatar, I see in some peoples profiles that they weren't hit like I was so for some reason they still retain avatar settings and signatures.

The NoSquint add-on for Firefox 3 does remove all the graphical stuff and allow you to select colors for foreground and background, in effect reproducing the older version of the Bethsoft forums--well, aside from the bar at the top, and the slower load times. But hey, scrolling is much faster, and the tear-inducing grey-on-black look is gone...!

They're up to Thread #8 in discussions of the changes over there. Opinions are divided, but quite a few users clearly aren't impressed.

Seems the Bethsoft forums cratered again (getting internal 500 error)

One thing I completely dislike is the forum change at bethesda completely blanked all of my profile settings accept for hiding my e-mail. No more signature no more avatar, I see in some peoples profiles that they weren't hit like I was so for some reason they still retain avatar settings and signatures.

I thing the sig problem is that they DRASTICALLY reduced the amount of allowable characters in a sig. Not even 1/2 of my original sig fits anymore (too many URLs) so you will have to use TinyURL to help alleviate that issue (if you care at all).

I also had to reset my avatar even though it was always pointing offsite to my web server. Guess they went across the board and removed them. I don't know why they would wipe out URL avatars though...they don't consume their bandwidth and storage of the URL is next to nothing. Maybe it was to be an indicator as to who is still active AFTER the upgrade. hehehe.

LHammonds

• 3 weeks later...
'Twas a time when Bethsoft kept archives that lasted back to the 15th century, and were very generous with sig space. I think their campaign to speed up the forums and get rid of debris has become almost a religious one by now. Would it have hurt to keep the sigs at their previous character length, and did cutting it gain them that much, I wonder?