Making OMOD not OMOD?

How come you don't just use OBMM? ( just curious as to why you ask ) I'd tell you if I knew, I don't really understand OMod yet, I figured it out but forgot how it goes, so I usually just. Right click the night eye file, press copy, right click your desktop, click paste, right click desk top again click Add new folder. then take the night eye file and drag it into that new folder you just made. Right click the new folder you just made and click rename. After renaming the folder ( whatever you want but we'll call it night eye ) double click the folder. Then you will see your night eye file inside right click the file click 7zip then click extract here. Then open OBMM click the create button then click add folder then scroll down click your night eye folder press ok then click data files then click create Omod after it finishes extracting click the mod and press activate you should be all set.

Otherwise right click the Omod paste it on your desk top as explained earler blah blah blah rename folder extract what's inside like mentioned earlier ( you know what I mean do what I explained earlier ) then after you have the renamed folder with everything extracted inside right click and add it to your data folder with 7zip. I think you can with Omod? Let me know sorry about my very detailed explenation. ( hope that helped )

I downloaded the Less Overpowered Nighteye mod and it was a OMOD file. I was wondering if there where anyway to make an OMOD into something I can use or is there another place to get this mod in the normal file type?

To be able to activate OMOD files you need OBMM (Oblivion mod manager). When you have OBMM installed you can just double click the OMOD file to open OBMM or move the OMOD file to Oblivion/obmm/mods folder. You should see the mod on the right side of OBMM. If there is a blue square in front of the mod's name the mod is active, if the square is green it is inactive.

Thanks for the help, it sounds easier to get OBMM. The reason I don't have OBMM it in the first place is I'm not fond of new things, well it's more like laziness really. Anyway sorry for wasting your time I guess I'll just download OBMM. It's not that bad is it? Well I do have Wrye Bash, can I use both?

How come you don't just use OBMM? ( just curious as to why you ask ) I'd tell you if I knew, I don't really understand OMod yet, I figured it out but forgot how it goes, so I usually just. Right click the night eye file, press copy, right click your desktop, click paste, right click desk top again click Add new folder. then take the night eye file and drag it into that new folder you just made. Right click the new folder you just made and click rename. After renaming the folder ( whatever you want but we'll call it night eye ) double click the folder. Then you will see your night eye file inside right click the file click 7zip then click extract here. Then open OBMM click the create button then click add folder then scroll down click your night eye folder press ok then click data files then click create Omod after it finishes extracting click the mod and press activate you should be all set.

Otherwise right click the Omod paste it on your desk top as explained earler blah blah blah rename folder extract what's inside like mentioned earlier ( you know what I mean do what I explained earlier ) then after you have the renamed folder with everything extracted inside right click and add it to your data folder with 7zip. I think you can with Omod? Let me know sorry about my very detailed explenation. ( hope that helped )

I downloaded the Less Overpowered Nighteye mod and it was a OMOD file. I was wondering if there where anyway to make an OMOD into something I can use or is there another place to get this mod in the normal file type?

Good question I don't know what wire bash is good luck, OBMM no it's better then 7ziping into the data folder because you can do more. It's just a pain to figure everything out. Like when you delete mods you have to clean them first. After you've learned to use OBMM as I explained earlier it's easy. You just click the mod, click deactivate, right click the mod, then click clean, then you delete it by right clicking it again. You might need to do this if the mod you installed on OBMM is conflicting with other mods. Then it will save you alot of trouble but yeah I know it all takes time and study thnx :wink: ( it'll pay off in the long run though )

Thanks for the help, it sounds easier to get OBMM. The reason I don't have OBMM it in the first place is I'm not fond of new things, well it's more like laziness really. Anyway sorry for wasting your time I guess I'll just download OBMM. It's not that bad is it? Well I do have Wrye Bash, can I use both?

Wrye Bash will co-exist just fine with OBMM. I use both. They do overlap on some functions, but you just use whichever you want for that particular function. There is a section in the Wrye Bash instructions that deals with using them both.

OBMM is much easier to use, especially for neophytes. I primarily use OBMM for OMODs (I prefer it over BAIN) quick changes in load order and its save game manager. And Wrye bash for combining mods and troubleshooting mod conflict problems.

Most mods that come in OMOD format also have a 7-zip version for manually installing them. If you want to use that mod with Wrye Bash, get the 7-zip (or whatever zip format) version instead of the OMOD version.

I have never tried to use both BAIN and OMODs together, but right off I don't see a problem with that, as each one is just a way of creating esp and esm files that are placed into the Oblivion data folder. Once they are esp and esms, the game doesn't care where they came from.

Wrye has a launch button for OBMM in the bottom "toolbar" section, with the CS, OBSE & BOSS commands, so they do co-exist and quite nicely. OMODs are essentially just zipped, but if you unpack them the regular way you usually end up with a bunch of files you can't use as only OBMM knows what they are.

It is possible to unpack/repack OMODs using OBMM, but its not as straightforward as it sounds, so you're probably better off just getting OBMM (there's a lotta mods out there that come in OMOD format and they can be scripted quite easilly which makes things real simple when you're installing complicated mods that may otherwise by a difficult install)

Bash's BAIN installer is powerful, and I prefer that to be honest, though OMOD has its advantages over BAIN too, just as BAIN has over OMOD, and OBMM has over Bash. Best way to make sure you have all your bases covered is to have both Bash and OBMM, just remember if you activate any OMODs you will still need to activate the ESP's/ESM's in Bash, or they won't be active if you launch the game through Wrye's launcher.

Though strangely, they will if you launch it through OBMM.

Jenrai