Wanting to combine mods...

Guest deleted1777792

Guest deleted1777792

Hello, first time poster here and I have some questions about combining mods.

First off, this is basically only for clothing and armor mods. What I want to do is to combine, say, all my Exnem-based (and then HGEC-based, then Eshme-based, UFF-based, etc) body adapted clothings and armor into a single (or a couple, just that it's a far lesser number than the amount I've got now) mod.

I'd also like to be able to rename clothing options that exist as multiple-body types (like say I have two versions of Sexy Dancer, one for Robert's Female and one for HGEC), such that one is "Sexy Dancer-HGEC" and the other is "Sexy Dancer-Roberts", so that I could potentially have two versions in the game world and know which is which.

Finally, I'd like to change armor/clothing mods that are replacers into additions rather than overwriting something else.

Is this understandable? Or possible? If it is possible, what would I need to accomplish this? Please keep in mind relative newbness.

Thanks in advance.

This tutorial is about merging races into a cosmetic mod using the CS, but the basic technique can also be used to merge armors and weapons. The main part you want to pay attention to is the part where I wrote about how to duplicate the spells, as the form id box is similar for armors/weapons.

As for putting your items in the world you'll probably want to locate a second tutorial for that, but basically you find the form id of the container you want to use and drag the items into it, just as I dragged the spells to attach them to the race in the tutorial.

Removed. Link is dead.

Edited by SavageArtistry

Server not found error message on that link.

Odd...I had no problem connecting. Oh well, try the Mod De-Isolation tutorial on the CS Wiki. Turning Replacers into new models is a bit different. You'll first have to create several new folders: 1 for the Armor meshes, 1 for the Clothing meshes, 1 for the Armor textures and 1 for the clothing textures. Next, move the meshes and textures into the appropriate new folders. Then open the meshes in NifSkope and change the texture paths to the new folders. Once all of this is done, you can import the models into the CS and place them somewhere in game.

Guest deleted1777792
Server not found error message on that link.

Odd...I had no problem connecting. Oh well, try the Mod De-Isolation tutorial on the CS Wiki. Turning Replacers into new models is a bit different. You'll first have to create several new folders: 1 for the Armor meshes, 1 for the Clothing meshes, 1 for the Armor textures and 1 for the clothing textures. Next, move the meshes and textures into the appropriate new folders. Then open the meshes in NifSkope and change the texture paths to the new folders. Once all of this is done, you can import the models into the CS and place them somewhere in game.

Thank you The_Vyper for the bit about the replacers. That's the kind of help that I need. In plain language how to do something. But the De-Isolation thing doesn't really seem to explain anything relevant to what I want to do.

SavageArtistry: Link finally worked for me, but well, "basic technique" would be fine if I knew what I was looking for in terms of the armor and clothing. I do, however, thank you for providing it. But since I don't know what I'm doing...

Basically, pretend that the person you're talking to is an idiot. In fact, don't pretend... :P I want to learn, but I need at the very least, a beginning.

Please don't take that as criticism or anything.