Default Female (and possibly male) body textures

poponimpact

This is a request for someone to post as a mod or otherwise the default female body textures. I don't particularly want to reinstall my game (and redownload all the patches etc) and want to reinstall the default textures (I installed dimonized type3 as I needed it for alternative mod) but I'm not really a fan of all the nudity it has placed in my game. I think that having the texture resource would be good for many others as well who have foolishly (like me) not backed up the textures it overwrites.

(the male is for anyone who might want to restore default male textures, I myself still have the default)

If there is already such a file it has alluded me and can someone post the link in a post.

If there is an alternative way of reinstalling the vanilla textures overwritten by dimonized then inform me of that.

Thanks in advance for any help. If this topic is not in the correct place I apologise it is in some respects a mod request.

I'm pretty sure that distributing vanilla content is frowned upon and technically regarded as piracy. As such, I don't think anyone on the nexus will be able to provide you with any of the game's original assets.

I could be wrong, but I think that FOMM has some sort of archive-unpacking feature built into it that you could use to extract the vanilla textures from the .bsa files.

If I am wrong, I think pretty much your only other option is to reinstall, saving any data files/mods you don't want to redownload.

Good luck!

I was afraid you'd say that distributing vanilla textures would be frowned apon though I would like to see the day someone manages to recreate a game based on snipbits of files released for fixing issues such as mine, I understand I should have backed up my files but I wish people would make sure their mod could be removed. Oh well, looks like I have to reinstall my game. I think I still have the Unofficial FO3 Patch still on my computer so perhaps it wont be too bad.

I'm pretty sure that distributing vanilla content is frowned upon and technically regarded as piracy. As such, I don't think anyone on the nexus will be able to provide you with any of the game's original assets.

I could be wrong, but I think that FOMM has some sort of archive-unpacking feature built into it that you could use to extract the vanilla textures from the .bsa files.

If I am wrong, I think pretty much your only other option is to reinstall, saving any data files/mods you don't want to redownload.

Good luck!

no, you are not wrong. FOMM has a "BSA unpacker" tool.

though IMHO it may be best to remove the offending files like I mention in

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=188384

EDit:

@poponimpact, An easy way to remove mods is to first Fomod-ize them with FOMM's "Package Manager"

A handy tut for Fomods can be found at http://zumbs.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/fomm...-for-dummies-1/

Thanks, I worked out how to use the BSA unpacker and it's all fixed now. well I haven't actually tried the game but I opened up the nif file and now she appears to be wearing underwear. Thanks all for quick responses!

If there is an alternative way of reinstalling the vanilla textures overwritten by dimonized then inform me of that.

Why so complicated? just delete the textures and meshes of dimon inside your data folder and you good.

should be under meshes/characters/_male and textures/characters/female