Blindman's Oblivion

witchunter180

Okay, so I lost my Oblivion disk for a month or so and found it again. After loading my last save, I noticed a big problem: I can't see the environments. I managed to "feel" my way around a little bit and find a few doors (this save was inside the Anvil Castle foyer). Inside of buildings, the world is black. Outside, the world is blueish purple. I can bring my inventory menu up and change stuff no problem but I can't see anything (except the HUD). I tried reloading other saves and had the same problem (the preview pic on the load menu showed the environments as they should be). I didn't have this problem the last time I played and I haven't loaded any new mods. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

• 3 weeks later...

Oldblivion installs shaders automatically doesn't it? ( http://www.oldblivion.com/?page=download ) anyway try to disable a mod one at a time in OBMM till you see the mod that is conflicting that's what I'd do, hope this helps!

Okay, so I lost my Oblivion disk for a month or so and found it again. After loading my last save, I noticed a big problem: I can't see the environments. I managed to "feel" my way around a little bit and find a few doors (this save was inside the Anvil Castle foyer). Inside of buildings, the world is black. Outside, the world is blueish purple. I can bring my inventory menu up and change stuff no problem but I can't see anything (except the HUD). I tried reloading other saves and had the same problem (the preview pic on the load menu showed the environments as they should be). I didn't have this problem the last time I played and I haven't loaded any new mods. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Try deleting your Oblivion.ini and allowing it to regenerate itself the next time you start the game. If you changed any hardware, especially the video card it can cause strange video effects. Check to be sure you have the latest drivers for your video card also.

Thanks, bben64! That did it. I guess another program must have messed up my graphic settings and changed it. I do have mods that change the Oblivion.ini file (just the open borders though) and now it works (tried it w/ and w/o the open borders and is fine). So big thanks there!!!

XxShinra:I think the suggestion was given in the beleif that maybe I or a mod had altered the vanilla shaders and that they needed to be replaced. Course with what bben64 suggested, that could have been possible too. I don't use OBMM, so that wasn't an issue. Thanks anyways though!!!!