New Nexus design

MonsterHunterMaster

Vote here if you like the new design of the Nexus forums!  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new design of the Nexus forums?

• Yes, the design looks great!
    • It's pretty good...
    • It's not bad, but like the old design more
    • No, I really do not like it!

I actually like that the kudos system is gone. I've been on a few forums that had reputation systems and most of them removed it after a while, as mostly it's just an elaborate way of trolling. Some guy gets 300 rep points from his friends, then struts around as if he owns the place, people fight, chaos ensues and in the end people get banned. Or people vote a nice person down just because of jealousy.

Either way, while it might not get that bad, reputation almost always makes people think they're elevated above others, so I'd vote no if somebody asked me whether we should have a reputation system back in place. Still, the kudos system was a bit better than most systems as you could only take away a kudos if you gave it, but then again, the problem of the person getting big headed arises.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kudos system is still active actually. It just isn't visible in the forums. (just sayin')

You can go to the "old" department of Nexus and still give/take Kudos.

Btw, i don´t think it matters really. We are some that only download and debate, we will have from 5-70 kudos, depending on how long we have been here.

On the other hand we have the modders (and a great thank to them). They will typically have 100-2000 kudos, again depending............................

So we can not really compare eachother that way.

And on the other hand kudos should tell us, is this person helpfull and nice. BUT WE ALL ARE HERE :biggrin: and if we are not, we will not even notice the swift

swing of the bannhammer. :woot:

Guys, there are still kudos but you just can't see them on the forums anymore.

Just tested it on "old" Nexus. You can still give kudos, if you don´t believe me, you can try and go and give me one :whistling:

Well, I like the design (l even like the black one), I'm just sad that the black one doesn't really work on low res monitors. I'm on a netbook right now, and the fluid width get's a bit messy.

But overall I like it. There are some areas where it doesn't seem to have been tested through though (the colors doesn't match etc.)

A pretty obvious one is the smiley button.

I hate the way when you click a link, it doesn't open in a new tab like it used to, it opens it in the same tab - which really irritates me :P

Also, scrolling seems to lag horribly sometimes. I think it happens when theres an animated image on screen in particular, but I'm not sure.

Finally, and most importantly, what idiot decided to change the smileys so that :P isn't the code for :tongue:? Seriously?

There are one or two other problems which I don't remember off the top of my head, but overall I like it. :) Its definitely a big improvement. Reading through threads is a much more pleasant experience than it used to be.

I hate the way when you click a link, it doesn't open in a new tab like it used to, it opens it in the same tab - which really irritates me :P

Just middlemousebutton click on a link, then it opens in its own tab. I'm not sure if that is limited to Firefox, though.

I do like the new design because of features and light skin, that doesn't get really annoying as dark. Delete the vote feature is pretty good, isn't it? Fast reply is also useful. I logged in today, and I thought I'm on the wrong forum. ;D