ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

help me

atm1089

im having lots of trouble with installing mods. a lot of the cause my game to crash on start up. i have 2 weapon mods , wmk, and nmc's texture pack installed and they work fine. i tried iron sights, fwe and marts mutants in many different combinations but all crashed my game on startup. i even started messing with the foip stuff. i like to add a lot of guns too. can someone guide me as to how i can install these mods and have a functioning game?

rogue hallows iron sights

fwe

marts mutants

eve

unnoficial patch

wmk

nmc texture pack

dc interiors

project beauty

underground hideout

craft

calibr

Edited by atm1089

You should run a program called BOSS which will put your mods in the correct order. After BOSS has run you're mods are automatically sorted. You should then look at what BOSS outputs because it can warn you against many possible conflicts which result in crashes.

If you install BOSS, the newest version, it automatically gets the latest masterlist. I would reinstall BOSS (you won't lose any mods or settings when you do this) because the problems described here are typical for running the game without sorting the mods first.

• 2 weeks later...

You really shouldn't mess around with the load order yourself, unless you know what you're doing. BOSS is correct 99% of the time, recent versions always work as expected.

How about we agree to disagree, then? Using the notes I referred to earlier, definitely do make for a stable game. As the author of them points out, no matter how wonderful BOSS may seem to be, it does have its limits.

Also I suspect that, even for the latest BOSS, one is well-advised to Mark One Eyeball Check the results rather than blindly trust it. To each their own, anyhow.