Big guns!

Rixirite

Does anyone seem to realize just how powerful and mighty big guns are in Fallout 3? They ensue massive damage when used and provide satisfactory results. Yes, the bigger the gun is: the more powerful and mighty you will become. It is essential to understand how crazy powerful they are when you use them, and to respect them! If you don't respect big guns, may I suggest you watch this.

Please note the quality has been tilted off by youtube. Enjoy!

Personally, I never thought they were worth the extra weight even in Fallout 1&2. They do more damage, sure. But it's not a catastrophic amount morerhan energy weapons, and if I lig a missile launcher + a flamer + minigun around it seems like they take up more space than their worth.

Never liked them much tbh, expect the Minigun :P I've always preferred energy weapons :smile:

I honestly hate the minigun, far too inaccurate.

Then don't use it as a sniping replacement :/ That indeed takes more ammo than you get damage in return for. Close range, the thing can be devastating and if used controlled at mid-range, can still produce pretty good results.

That's without FOOK, of course :P On my recent game with that I got a minigun in the last piece of action for the week, and lucy picked it up and started shooting at something. Think I need some power armor now because otherwise it's not really going to work all that well :/

@brother: the vindicator minigun in fo2, combined with the sniper perk, could take out frank horrigan in a couple of rounds I believe. It does at least 4-5x more damage than the guass rifles at close range. Not as versatile, which is why I prefer small guns, but they were DEFINITELY beastly. If you head straight to NCR you can pickpocket a few bozars as soon as you get there, then one shot everything that moves. Plus bozars are actually very accurate. As for weight issues, by the time you get a full arsenal of heavy weaponry you should have several companions as well (at least 2 even with min charisma you can drug up to it) and thus increase your carrying capacity by several hundred for all your loot. In fact, you can theoretically load infinite weight onto them, so long as you dont' mind them not helping out in combat (overburdened reduces AP by a ton).