Crusader series

dray420

Remember "Crusader: No Remorse" & "Crusader: No Regret"?...am i the only one left alive who played (and Loved) those 2 games??..........is there a company or individual(s) who might be trying to port (remake) these games for todays OS's ?

Remember "Crusader: No Remorse" & "Crusader: No Regret"?...am i the only one left alive who played (and Loved) those 2 games??..........is there a company or individual(s) who might be trying to port (remake) these games for todays OS's ?

Well I have not played the games but I do know how to get them for even current operating systems as it's MS-DOS based game. There is a MS-DOS emulator called DOSBox which is legal program as far as I know as it only emulates MS-DOS. Well for the game you have to find them yourself. I hope that help you as I had same problem when I wanted play Ultima VII some time ago. ^^

Masterpieces from Origin again!

I only played "Crusader: No Regret" and loved it to the death. The environmental interactions in game were incredibly amazing, for example you can find terminals everywhere that control different systems about defensive weapons, various robots, laser barriers, infrared ray detection (yes there are alarms!) or conditional protection such like fire control. And there are a vast of variety of tough (terminator-like robots!) or smart (rolling and hiding like you) enemies, environmental traps, and innocents. :biggrin:

Rather than its 2D origin the background and level design was very 3Dish, you got lifting platforms, you got slopes, you got complicated terrain with 3 or more levels in a screen. Even better, you can shoot at any angle and everywhere supposed to be seen by your character. Not to mention that there are over ten different unique weapons that can kill/toast/burn/freeze/explode/melt/vaporize your disgusted enemies and watch them scream like hell. :yucky:

The gameplay itself was really nice, not only can you shoot anything (I don't shoot innocents but bullets don't have eyes you know; plus some aren't really innocent who will call guards and raise the alarm), you are able to destroy everything! (ok not the most of walls)

As for strategy, You often have to make a plan before any assault, or sneak through as a real silencer, to use your ammo and items smart, finding supplies in secret places, solve the realistic problems that block your ways, and to keep yourself alive. Because enemies and environments can be a deadly combination.

The graphic was nice, the sound was good, and there were also acted video cutscenes, though the story element in "No Regret" was so-so and not the point of the game. (oh and clunky and complex controls :sweat: )

Quiet an action/adventure/interaction standard for later games of similar sci-fi genre I think.

The only regret left was that I couldn't beat to game in the timed level 10, always got the bad ending. :pinch:

Ah good old times....