Skyrim Just... Doesn't Load...

LunisSpellweaver

So, I just downloaded a load of mods, got them activated, ran FNIS Loader, ran BOSS, everything. Then, after waiting for Skyrim to startup SKSE, the game... just... won't load. I open the Task Manager a little while later (the computer lagging was the first sign something was wrong), and the "Skyrim" task had the "Not Responding" text in red letters.

I'm not sure what happened, but every time I load up Skyrim, it happens. I've loaded both Nexus and Steam Workshop mods, but I doubt that is the problem (because a similar case is happening with Minecraft). Any ideas?

How far does it get after trying to start it up? Do you get anywhere, even a small black box appearing and disappearing quick, or does nothing come up at all?

It's most likely something to do with your load order or incompatible mods. Can you please post your load order here?

Try going into Steam, right click Skyrim, Properties, Local Files, and then Verify integrity of game cache. This works for stuff, sometimes.

If that's not it though, definitely need your load order. Easiest way I know of if it's very long is to copy-paste from BOSS/LOOT's details after it organizes them, and delete all the extra information besides the mods themselves.

It was a plugin issue. There was a plugin that is clearly broken, and a plugin that was incompatible with a similar, updated one! Thanks for the help anyway!

PS: hothtrooper44 Armorcompilation.esp (which, I believe, is part of Immersive Armours) was the broken plugin.