Removing dead bodies

AWD22

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knows of a mod or a console script to remove dead NPC bodies from the game after they have been killed. I have been playing the game for some months now but still come across bodies I killed ages ago.

Maybe there is a mod out there that can turn the dead bodies to skeletons after a period of time has passed.

Thanks

I have a similar problem. only mine being slightly more bothersome. I "accidentally" spawned a giant ant queen in my megaton house. this is quite the troublesome corpse to navigate around,especially since I use my house for storage. XD

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that empty (looted) corpses get cleaned out whenever the cell resets, which is supposedly every three in-game days. This may work different in interior cells, and I think that non-empty (not looted, or partially looted) corpses may last longer.

There is a MarkForDelete command, which should be used in conjunction with (or instead of, if patient) disable.

Well I can't really testify to that, I killed the queen for her pheromones a while back, and I play for hours at a time, every day. I can certainly try markfordelete though. :smile:

that is probably one of the most useful mods I've seen.

"Call me crazy, but could you use a heavy incinerator to reduce it to a pile of ashes? (or does that only work for things that are alive?) "

yes, sadly, it only works on living things, and what's more, it can't actually do that. a plasma rifle could goo-a-fie it, IF I got a crit. thanks overlord! :D

that is probably one of the most useful mods I've seen.

"Call me crazy, but could you use a heavy incinerator to reduce it to a pile of ashes? (or does that only work for things that are alive?) "

yes, sadly, it only works on living things, and what's more, it can't actually do that. a plasma rifle could goo-a-fie it, IF I got a crit. thanks overlord! :D

Indeed. but something like that would add some realism.