Half life 2 episode 3

Keanumoreira

Ok after learning today that portal 2 is a few months away I began to wonder when episode 3 will come from the shadows. We've been waiting for three years for this episode, where is it? Now I know that Portal and Half life are the same universe, and I know that episode three is going to be the great end to the sequel, but that still doesn't explain why it took this long. However I do believe that they will finish the Portal games first before episode three because I think somehow it blends in with episode three. However Portal 2 is set hundreds of years after the first so is this after the combine or what? Leave your comments if you wish to answer where episode three is. (Sorry if this sounds like a debate, it's more of a "answer my question" topic. But I won't be surprised if it gets moved.)

Oh, it'll get here sooner or later. Half-Life is the franchise that made Valve; they won't just chuck it out the window. However, Valve being as notorious as they are for delays and postponements, trying to predict when it'll actually appear is an exercise in futility. I still think that it'll be a simultaneous release with Portal 2 and something else, ala Orange Box. Given the massive, gut-wrenching cliffhanger they left EP2 off with, though, I'd put money on there not being any substantial announcements until at least the next E3. Now that they've released details on another game in the same universe, they'll know that people are paying attention to Half-Life again and they are going to draw out the suspense until the fanbase is well and truly exploding with speculation.

Agreed. I also almost gave up hope we ever going to see Episode 3. Either it will never come, it will be changed into Half Life 3, or it is going to be so awesome that world is going to change forever, though I also have to agree on Gabe eating it.

Did anyone noticed that Gordon Freeman changed roles... :teehee:

It's funny that Dr. House also is a neurotic guy... :biggrin:

Until Epi 3 arrives you can have a watch at this...awesomeness!!!

Freemans Mind

come to think of it i never played HL2 ep 1 or 2 hmmmm maybe i need to buy me copy number 4 of half life 2 with everything again lol *please note my other versions don't have episode 1 / 2 but has everything else like blue shift and Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Half-Life Source ect heh :sweat: