Metro 2033

Retribution

Is anyone else playing it? It's definitely got the best graphics of any video game, but Crysis does a couple things better. I'm running it in DX 11, with tessellation, and very high (max) settings. It runs great. Enabling v-sync increases fps, because when it's not enabled, the game is discarding fps for Nvidia 3d vision, or something like that. Don't even try to run advanced DOF. In my opinion, it makes the game look worse, and it instantly gets rid of 2/3 of your fps. There's no reason it should be that bad, it's some sort of bug.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game play is great. When there's a lot of monsters jumping around, your fps goes way down, so that's actually a contributing factor to the difficulty. There's different types of each type of gun, all with their advantages and disadvantages. Also, the fps you get is very finicky. For instance, I'm running it on very high. I almost always get very good fps with it. However, I'm currently in a place that gives me poor fps, even on high settings.

I bought it yesterday. In terms of atmosphere, setting and exploration, Metro 2033 excels. In terms of gameplay, it's a fairly linear, average FPS, from what I've played. I've experienced several bugs/gameplay glitches so far, I should say.

I agree with most of the points of the IGN review, found here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1078922p1.html

I suggest you read it if you're contemplating purchasing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I like it. The unique economic system is a welcoming change for instance. Oh and the fact that there are other things to shoot besides monsters. Graphics are superb, sound is enthralling and last but not least it has a great story. I recommend changing the voice language from English to Russian since it's a more authentic feel and the English one is rubbish anyway.

i read that you have very limited ammo in the game for your weapons and i also read that you should stay behind the guy thats with you since you dont have alot of ammo and is it true that theres very little ammo????/

i read that you have very limited ammo in the game for your weapons and i also read that you should stay behind the guy thats with you since you dont have alot of ammo and is it true that theres very little ammo????/

Trick question: He confirms that there is little ammo twice, then asks us to confirm it again.

Yes, using ammo strategically is part of the game. Pray and spray is a tactic that's sure to leave you defenseless. Then again, ammo isn't that scarce, just scarce enough to make you think before just opening up.

Great game! Unfortunately I can't play it on PC ('cause I need more powerful hardware), so I have to play it on XBox. But I'd like to get a PC version (using keyboard and mouse is more comfortable for me). Also now I'm reading the book on which this game is based. Awesome! :) maybe there are not as many horrible monsters as in the game, but human is still the most dangerous beast.