Can't enter Tranquility Lane

Javyer

First of all, hi,

I have a problem in Vault 112, when I activate the pod to enter Tranquility Lane, it all happens normal, my character sit on it, the TV turn on, the white flash... But then the white flash finish and I'm sitting there(in the pod, I didn't go anywhere else), unable to do anything, so, I would like to ask if there is any way to fix that bug or any comand(cheat) to teleport me to Tranquility Lane OR to have that quest complete so James can get out of the pod.

If posible, could you gave me both, the fix and the cheat or code in case that the first one doesn't work?

Thank you,

Javyer

I also had this bug with one of my characters. I simply loaded a savegame outside the garage, and entered it again, then it worked...

If it doesnt work for you, try this console command: movetoqt

it should teleport you to your quest destination, but i cant say if TL is the quest destination in this case.

Are you running any mods?...this is the first time i ever heard of this bug.

code for completing current quest...

tilde key GetQuestCompleted

hope that helps

I have already tried with and without mods and still have the same problem. Also, the movetoqt make me appear sitting on the pod(same problem). I don't know why, but when I put GetQuestComplete the console tells me it has a problem with Quest. Don't you know what to put in player.moveto so I appear in Tranquility Lane??

• 3 months later...

Yeah, i got this exact same issue, loads of checking and *ban* around, no idea what mod it is, but i would bet if you removed all the mods, and reloaded from the garage it would be sweet... like you though i couldn't be screwed wasting the time doing this.

Getquestcompleted has never worked, so that was a bad tip.

After loads of *ban* around i stood next to the chair, used the command: "Coc Tlorigin" - that loads you in the outside cell. Then you need "TCL" to get down to ground level (or just load an interior cell as prev stated).

Then "setobjectivecompleted mq03 70 1"

The normal game uses a few more script commands, but i tried with and without them and there doesn't seem to be a difference (though there is a GNRadio script that probably changes 3-dog's messages and a "rewardxp 600".

Then talk to Dr Braun and it's business as usual ('cept you're an adult w/ full inventory).

Argh, would be great if someone knew how to remove the quest after it's completed i tried Stopquest and completeallobjectives but the "scientific persuits" is still green.

One day i'll merge all 20 gig's of mods together so i can avoid these issues.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for posting in this old thred, but i have the same problem.

The console commands mentioned in this thread got me into Tranquility Lane, but i can't start the chinese invasion. When i start the failsafe, no chinese soldiers appear. Betty reacts as if i correctly initiated the invasion, but neither the solders nor the exit door are there - what can i do?

Today i tried completing the quest by following Brauns order, but that also doesn't work. When i get the order to get the mask and the knife, Betty doesnt recognize it - i have the items, but she still orders me to get them.

I tried to statrt the failsafe, then teleport me back to Valt 112 via console. The monitors on the pods correctly describe the inhabitants as dead, but James is still inside the pod... any idea how i can complete the quest?

• 1 year later...

I know I'm three years late to this topic, but I recently started playing this game with mods to get back into it, and this has happened to me just tonight. I have some background in computer programming, and I've been using the GECK to look into the game's scripts to figure out what's happening, or what's NOT happening. Anyway, as far as I can tell, the game is failing to execute the proper scripts to get the quest to move from one objective to the other. I used to console commands to teleport into the Abandoned House with coc TLAbandonedHouse, and then activated the Fail Safe. Well . . . in the GECK, there is a script that's supposed to run when the Fail Safe is activated called MQ04. In other words, Main Quest part 04. It checks to see if the Fail Safe has been activated, and if it has by returning a value of 1, it's SUPPOSED to run a line called MQ04ExitDoorActRef.Enable, which is basically the command that's supposed to make the Exit Door appear so you can leave Tranquility Lane and get back to Vault 112, and continue the story.

So far, I haven't figured out yet why teleporting into Tranqulity Lane, and activating the Fail Safe as an adult keeps the door from opening. But I'm onto something. Either way, I still can't use the pod to get in, and can't use the door to get out! Really, if I could figure out how to get into Tranquility Lane using the Pod, I think using the console command to manually open the door with "MQ04ExitDoorActRef.Enable" might work to at least get you back out!

Hey guys! I've been having this same problem since playing through the game again using mods. I have some background in programming and just wrote and uploaded a fix to this at the Fallout Nexus. You shouldn't have to disable any other mods or bother using the console commands, as this mod sets the script to fire on different triggers. I uploaded a video with it to show it working, 100%!

It gets you into Tranquility Lane upon sitting in the pod, as an adult with your full inventory, and gets you back out by activating the FailSafe and attacking Betty. Yes, by attacking Betty - watch the video to see it working. I disabled the kill script that kills your character when you attack Betty, and instead set the Chinese Invasion FailSafe to fire instead, which will make the Exit Door appear. Here's the link to it and even though it's years late, I hope it helps anyone in the future who ever has this problem again!

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/18603/