Did aliens play a role in human civilization?

Keanumoreira

What now? :devil:

In all seriousness though, no I do not believe aliens played (or currently play) a role in human civilization at all. Evidence (which arguments from personal incredulity are not) when found may change that, but I've seen none of that. 'til then, civilizations, past and present, are all a product of our own great (and not so great) minds.

Aliens certainly played a role in human civilization in the Fallout-verse though. :laugh:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ok dude. I have given you one experiment to do but you wont do it so i tell it you again.

Go into the forest.

Sit down.

Ideally near some river or something.

And then watch what thoughts gonna come up.

Again dude you are in a forest now, but what gonna come up is that whole past drama.

So who is the crazy idiot here? Are you your thoughts? How can you be your thoughts if you are that still point watching it all.

Or now take your finger and point it at your eyes while you walk around.

Everythign move through you.

You are that.

Get it yet?

*Sign*

Maybe if you went to the ocean you would understand.

Stand there, look at the water coming and hitting the sand, put your left hand on your hip, put your right arm out straight, take deep breaths, say out loud "I'm a little teapot, short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout, when I get all steamed up, hear me shout, tip me over and pour me out!" and then lean forwards.

Can you honestly say that after doing that 1 + 1 does not equal potato? Can you really not even as far as doesn't for it to might be in the out by because it can't?

Duuple derp my herp derp darp durkle de doo doo?

As always you are kinda missing the point here. Basicly the only one who you are talking to the whole time is yourself.

This how it can go on the internet. Especially on the internet.

Just dont pretend to understand something which clearly you dont.

It doesnt help you with anything.

Quite simply.

The diffrence is for you it is kinda like: I am moving through the world while here it is more like the world moves through me.

Bit of a diffrent consciousness actually which would also answer the"alien" question suffice to say. :laugh:

Although like i said above. Aslong as you keep pretending so strongly

there really is no chance. That is the whole point.

And if it goes into trying to abuse that. Let me tell you you cannot abuse what is in control.

Last time any of that is being spoken here. Dont try to approach either. Simply its over for you here being given anyhting. May you walk out in peace.

I do believe that aliens had a role in human civilization.

How you ask?

:biggrin: just use your imagination! :biggrin:

It was mentioned here before so i'm sorry that i've lost track on the 10 pages of text. So please forgive me that.

From the ages of the caves until now they kept us going. In mythology there all kind of gods, goddesses and supernatural beings. Today there a all kinds of horror, fantasy and science fiction books movies and tv-shows (they have a market)

Humans are primal social. They want to believe that they are not the only sentient beings in the universe. They don't want to be alone. The role of aliens is important to our civilization even if we don't meet aliens till now. Some of us need the time of thinking of alien stories to make a mental vacation because life can be cruel to us and then we come back from our vacations to find a solutions to our problems. Imagine an alien race that is in all kinds human like with the exception that they have no imagination and fantasy and are fixed to reality and then imagine the problems that civilization would have. They have been a vehicle of our imaginations for a long time now. All those stories have an importance as a vehicle to our civilization that would made some science not possible. In some cases there has been a connection to those myths and stories. Some examples i know of.

Isaac Asimov's 3 robot laws are accepted by modern robotics

In the Movie 2001 the discovery made a special maneuver that was copied by the NASA with a probe years later.

Scientists are learning from those stories and Fiction writers relay on science and aliens are the device to make in some cases that acceptable to the broad mass. I think stories of aliens have made some cultural enrichment to us and can transport a wide array of sciences, ideas and theories.

I think that is acceptable to say that aliens have some role in our civilization. :thumbsup:

Basicly the only one who you are talking to the whole time is yourself.

No, I'm quite sure I'm talking to you, however you might be right in that you could be too stoned or mentally unstable to understand what I've said, M.r. "Go into the forest and do weird stuff with your hands next to a river".

Just dont pretend to understand something which clearly you dont.

I don't believe your personal delusions are in any books or websites I could gain access to, so I really have no way of learning about them in depth, however I am contempt only knowing about the real world.

The diffrence is for you it is kinda like: I am moving through the world while here it is more like the world moves through me.

I see.

Although like i said above. Aslong as you keep pretending so strongly

there really is no chance. That is the whole point.

And if it goes into trying to abuse that. Let me tell you you cannot abuse what is in control.

Last time any of that is being spoken here. Dont try to approach either. Simply its over for you here being given anyhting. May you walk out in peace.

Are you using google translate or something?

This is just complete none-sense you are typing.

I dont care what you think. There is a space between thoughts that is more valid.

This is where "poeple" can meet. :laugh:

Otherwise you are just being a pearl swine of the first order.

Again not that i care if someone pisses into the ocean. :laugh:

Certainly dont got a problem with that. If you must keep on pissing then the best thing you can do is -> pissing.

:laugh:

Stay with whatever makes you content.

Goodbye Willy, goodbye, ciao and arrivederci!

Lets hope you dont need a translator for this.

Hey, hey, hey, knock it off, no fighting in my topics. This is a place of debate, where people come to express their opinions about what I post, not a place to insult each other. I don't care who started it, just please drop it ok?

What now? :devil:

In all seriousness though, no I do not believe aliens played (or currently play) a role in human civilization at all. Evidence (which arguments from personal incredulity are not) when found may change that, but I've seen none of that. 'til then, civilizations, past and present, are all a product of our own great (and not so great) minds.

Aliens certainly played a role in human civilization in the Fallout-verse though. :laugh:

Are you sure about that, maybe the aliens physical presence wasn't what influenced our civilization. Like species said, just the very thought of aliens has played a role in our civilization, otherwise we wouldn't care what's in the sky, or have those radio stations broadcasting into space to attract aliens. So yes, they have played a role, just not in the flesh.

If Aliens did help man in the past, where is the evidence? Surely they would have slipped up and left a piece of technology laying around that we could pick up and look at and say for certain, whatever this is wasn't created by humans. Whether it be an incredibly advanced tool, or some other piece of technology. There would be some sort of traces somewhere if this were the case, but there isn't.

As for the Nazca lines, all they did to make those was to flip rocks over to expose the other side of them, which is lighter colored than the surrounding rocks. It would be easy enough for a few hundred people to get together and make a pattern.

And the mountain tops flattened out, I believe those were areas they probably quarried stone from the top of the mountain to build their temples. Quarry some stone, and then roll it down the hill to someone below, it would also explain why there are no traces of where they moved the stone and soil to, because it was used in construction of their massive temples. It would have been efficient to do it that way also, quarry a large block and then roll it down the hill to someone below who then cuts it into pieces and in smaller sizes.

Until they find a smoking gun, a piece of alien technology buried from thousands of years ago, I will continue to doubt alien intervention and respect the ingenuity of ancient man to accomplish incredibly feats with man power alone.

If Aliens did help man in the past, where is the evidence? Surely they would have slipped up and left a piece of technology laying around that we could pick up and look at and say for certain, whatever this is wasn't created by humans. Whether it be an incredibly advanced tool, or some other piece of technology. There would be some sort of traces somewhere if this were the case, but there isn't.

As for the Nazca lines, all they did to make those was to flip rocks over to expose the other side of them, which is lighter colored than the surrounding rocks. It would be easy enough for a few hundred people to get together and make a pattern.

And the mountain tops flattened out, I believe those were areas they probably quarried stone from the top of the mountain to build their temples. Quarry some stone, and then roll it down the hill to someone below, it would also explain why there are no traces of where they moved the stone and soil to, because it was used in construction of their massive temples. It would have been efficient to do it that way also, quarry a large block and then roll it down the hill to someone below who then cuts it into pieces and in smaller sizes.

Until they find a smoking gun, a piece of alien technology buried from thousands of years ago, I will continue to doubt alien intervention and respect the ingenuity of ancient man to accomplish incredibly feats with man power alone.

Good point, other than the mountain top. Its a mountain we're talking about here, not a hill. To disassemble an entire mountain for building their temples or for quarries isn't well thought out, its impossible to remove an entire mountain, it simply can't be done, that is for the ancients. Doing an action such as this is a feat more difficult than building the pyrimids, or building stonehenge.