Did aliens play a role in human civilization?

Keanumoreira

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

practical is to consult someone who passed through the whole god realm and stuff having come out realised.

That someone is probably not yet born - the field is simply too complex and enwrought with old imagery and symbolism we don't fully understand any longer; moreover, such an interdisciplinary research would presuppose the ability of the scholar to put aside his own religious (or atheistic) preconception a priori to simulate the ancient authors and artists, to understand their "alien" thoughts. Real roleplaying of unknown historical figures and their works is by far more difficult as it might seem to us who we play virtual roleplaying games after a given concept, a given script...

http://www.greensmilies.com/smile/smiley_emoticons_unknownauthor_lady.gif The Ultimate Face

People too often, become enamored by what they see, and not what they know.

If you were to look at a leaf, most people would only see the green outer exterior, and nothing else.

A scientist on the other hand, might see microscopic cells and the entire process of photosynthesis which the leaf uses when transforming light into a source of food.

An artist might see the abstract connection between a man eating the leaf, and his decomposed fertilized body as it is soaked into the plants roots.

How dose this relate to the topic? This is my perspective on the alien role in human civilization...

Now whether anyone admits it or not, aliens play a role in human society. (keep in mind, whether aliens exist or not, is irrelevant) People simply fantasizing about alien existence, is enough to cause shifts in human perception. Thinking about aliens even for a second, deters you from thinking about something else. Therefore, your mind, and even the evolution of mankind, is altered by their existence, (or lack of existence). A further affect on our civilization can be seen though our various forms of entertainment. Take Star Trek, for example. A friend of mine went to a convention, found a guy (who likes dressing up as a Vulcan) and got married. They have a child now. A baby, created from the couple's admiration for possible alien life. Had these two not had a interest in aliens, they could be dead by now. Or married to other people. Their current child, might create the cure to cancer. Or could become a terrorist who destroys Canada. Who knows. One things that's a fact though, is that "aliens" was the cause of his existence. Their role in our civilization, is definite.

Another example?

Responding to this post, would be another form of aliens playing a role in human civilization...ironically, those who don't believe aliens play a role in human civilization, but debate the subject, are contributing to "aliens" playing a role in human civilization...

That's hardly ironically, but psychologically to be understood.

We feel ourselves as being 'alone in the dark'... and out of the fear it rises: the intense interest, the chimera creating irritating hope, fascinating and repulsive at the same time... the alien magnetism

http://www.greensmilies.com/smile/smiley_emoticons_unknownauthor_lady.gif The Ultimate Face

practical is to consult someone who passed through the whole god realm and stuff having come out realised.

That someone is probably not yet born -

correct :D

more i have not to say

get in a presence of such a one

the simplicity is striking lol

People too often, become enamored by what they see, and not what they know.

If you were to look at a leaf, most people would only see the green outer exterior, and nothing else.

A scientist on the other hand, might see microscopic cells and the entire process of photosynthesis which the leaf uses when transforming light into a source of food.

An artist might see the abstract connection between a man eating the leaf, and his decomposed fertilized body as it is soaked into the plants roots.

How dose this relate to the topic? This is my perspective on the alien role in human civilization...

Now whether anyone admits it or not, aliens play a role in human society. (keep in mind, whether aliens exist or not, is irrelevant) People simply fantasizing about alien existence, is enough to cause shifts in human perception. Thinking about aliens even for a second, deters you from thinking about something else. Therefore, your mind, and even the evolution of mankind, is altered by their existence, (or lack of existence). A further affect on our civilization can be seen though our various forms of entertainment. Take Star Trek, for example. A friend of mine went to a convention, found a guy (who likes dressing up as a Vulcan) and got married. They have a child now. A baby, created from the couple's admiration for possible alien life. Had these two not had a interest in aliens, they could be dead by now. Or married to other people. Their current child, might create the cure to cancer. Or could become a terrorist who destroys Canada. Who knows. One things that's a fact though, is that "aliens" was the cause of his existence. Their role in our civilization, is definite.

Another example?

Responding to this post, would be another form of aliens playing a role in human civilization...ironically, those who don't believe aliens play a role in human civilization, but debate the subject, are contributing to "aliens" playing a role in human civilization...

I agree, in the Terms of logic your statement is surely the best answer I got in this whole debate.

Psychologically, human nature would tend to look for what is absent or what is not there. These tendency, we often called "Curiousity", has many positive contribution to humanity. It is through this tendencies that we discover or invent new things. But the other side of the coin is a void creating phantasmal being to satisfy the absence it connotes.

This is why we create star wars, star trek, aliens, fairies, vampires, etc...

Even in our day to day lives, if we try to look at most of our fears, many of them belong to this categories.

The human brain is capable enough to create these. And to some extent, in few some cases, creates a dilluted inference to reality. Which later on become beliefs.

So, did aliens play a role in human civilization? the Answer depends on the Subject (mind) conceptualizing it. If you believe it, then, it really influence you. As lhoe said:

"A friend of mine went to a convention, found a guy (who likes dressing up as a Vulcan) and got married. They have a child now. A baby, created from the couple's admiration for possible alien life."

Psychologically, human nature would tend to look for what is absent or what is not there. These tendency, we often called "Curiousity", has many positive contribution to humanity. It is through this tendencies that we discover or invent new things. But the other side of the coin is a void creating phantasmal being to satisfy the absence it connotes.

This is why we create star wars, star trek, aliens, fairies, vampires, etc...

Even in our day to day lives, if we try to look at most of our fears, many of them belong to this categories.

The human brain is capable enough to create these. And to some extent, in few some cases, creates a dilluted inference to reality. Which later on become beliefs.

So, did aliens play a role in human civilization? the Answer depends on the Subject (mind) conceptualizing it. If you believe it, then, it really influence you. As lhoe said:

"A friend of mine went to a convention, found a guy (who likes dressing up as a Vulcan) and got married. They have a child now. A baby, created from the couple's admiration for possible alien life."

The above quote is from my post, actually...the friend I was referring is named Marcus. We climb cliffs together sometimes out here in the desert.

But again, as I stated earlier, whether aliens exist or not, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if they exist. Their impact on life, is definite, and factual. We can see the effects from those who believe, and don't believe in extraterrestrial life, all around us. I only used Star Trek as one example. Another example would be space exploration. Many of N.A.S.A.'s projects revolve around searching for life on other planetary bodies. If some of the top physics, astrophysics, engineers, etc...believe it is possible, I'm willing to listen. Their pursuit of confirming life has lead to a myriad of inventions that we all use today. There are too many to discuss here, but if you live in a civilized society, your life has been touched by inventions which stem from galactic "curiosity." Think of all the people who use glasses. The invention of a telescope (who I believe was made Han Lippershey in 1608) has spawned everything from rifle scopes, to laser led lenses.

Fact:

Mankind has already left the bounds of this world to step on the moon, and now exists at this very moment, in a space-station orbiting our planet. Our own species, has become extraterrestrials, playing a role in human civilization. Isn't it vein to think that we're the only "things" capable of such feats? It remind me of when man thought the universe revolved around earth. Not even the sun, revolves around earth.

But I'm eagerly awaiting a good reason as to why aliens can't exist, and why they wouldn't play a role in our civilization. I'd actually like to be convinced that we are alone out here, because that would confirm another theory I have...yet I read a lot of cynical statement about the impossibility of extraterrestrial life influencing our civilization, but no alluring hypothesis to back then up. Why, out of Trillions and Trillions of planetary bodies, would we be the only ones here?

And I think quoting clever lines about "phantasmal beings" strips away the question being asked in this post. Obviously, nobody found a living, breathing, life-form capable of playing cards with us. If so, then maybe we would be asking seriously, whether aliens play a role in civilization...instead attributing the possibility of life to diluted states of mind. Give something to back up your beliefs, and not just the belief. Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't happen. If, the reason not to believe something, is due to our senses being unable to confirm it's existence, then we should mimic lesser animals who react only to their environment, without contemplating the existence of higher life forms...

And if we can't communicate with a roach, or an amoeba, why should we expect a higher form of life to communicate with us?

And if you don't believe aliens could have, or do play a role in civilization, then I'm assuming you don't believe in anything else that you can't see, touch, taste, smell, or hear. Because if the scope of human belief rests on five senses, then there's no need to contemplate anything beyond the scope of our natural physiology. There should be no belief in God, for instance. There should be no belief in anything abstract, like time, or thought, love, politics, morality, and your beliefs. I cannot see, touch, taste, smell, or hear these things so they must not exist, right? And because they don't exist, they don't influence human civilization, right?

"Our senses are to confirm, not to know." -ancient Egyptian proverb