Killed dragon, dragon didn't' disintegrate?

TheDeclaimer

So, I killed the dragon on top of Bonestrewn Crest. It was a blood dragon but after it died, the dragon's carcass didn't burn up so I didn't absorb a dragon soul. However, I can still loot from the dead dragon.

I've killed a dragon at a different location prior to killing this particular dragon. I did some digging online and found out you don't absorb souls from dragons that have been killed before but I've never visited this location before and I only found this dragon flying around the mound.

http://i.imgur.com/bL6C1VK.jpg

Edited by TheDeclaimer

hai...I have the same problem from the main quest where the dragonborn first kill the dragon at western watchtower of whiterun...and i already install latest USKP..are there any other ways to correct this error...thanks

Happened few times, try newest USKP.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked my USKP version and found out it's 3 versions out of date.

One question though, do I need to uninstall USKP or a regular update would suffice?

I usually delete old files and copy new ones, but since those are the same, you can simply overwrite.

hai...I have the same problem from the main quest where the dragonborn first kill the dragon at western watchtower of whiterun...and i already install latest USKP..are there any other ways to correct this error...thanks

It also may happen because of wrong load order, try checking it with BOSS, it will sort you out. Still, this bug may occur rarely, it's nothing to be worry about. If it happens often, than you need to find real solutions.

Happened few times, try newest USKP.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked my USKP version and found out it's 3 versions out of date.

One question though, do I need to uninstall USKP or a regular update would suffice?

I usually delete old files and copy new ones, but since those are the same, you can simply overwrite.

It also may happen because of wrong load order, try checking it with BOSS, it will sort you out. Still, this bug may occur rarely, it's nothing to be worry about. If it happens often, than you need to find real solutions.

Now I know where are my mistakes. Thanks for the help, really appreciate that. :laugh: