King's Quest

Shoren

How many of you do still remember this great multi-platform adventure point & click games made by Sierra called King's Quest?

It is fun series especially having many unfair deaths. You have no invisible walls stopping you from making lethal mistake or forgetting important items behind before going beyond point of no return. They can be quite hard at times especially if the solution of a puzzle is something which defies the common sense and logic.

For myself I started from King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder! when I was 6 years old. Great game and had good laughs at times especially with "great" voice actors it has.

None the less it is fun adventure game series which I have enjoyed through my life.

I started with Kings quest 3... Gosh I feel old.

No fancy point and click system in those days we had to use arrow keys and type like madmen to try and figure out what the right commands were for puzzles that were time sensitive. And the best sound you could hope for was a bit of controlled static from the PC speaker. 3 was weird, 4 was a pain in the ass, 5 finally features a basic point and click system and was actually fun when you got things figured out, 6 was arguably the easiest of the series primarily because there were very few places where you could screw up, 7 was back to old hell, except it looked like it was designed for kids... Which only boggles the mind.

But yes, the whole point and click adventure genre kinda went out with 3d graphics.

• 1 month later...

Am I a loser because I still have every single one of the KQ games and I still play them on occasion?

King's Quest I and II have been re-made with point-and-click interface and much improved graphics and audio. Not by Sierra (or whatever they're called now) but by a group called AGD Interactive. The remakes are available as free downloads on their website; these are NOT pirated or abandonware or in any other way illegal. They're original works by AGDI and include completely new hand-drawn VGA graphics in 256+ colors (the originals were 16 colors), new recorded music, and voice-acted speech. We're not exactly talking Oblivion quality here... but if you've played the originals, they were essentially blocky pixelated 8-bit stuff. The remakes bring them up to the quality of KQ V or thereabouts and also add some new content. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed the KQ series. They've also done a similar remake of Quest for Glory II.