TES V

Javalin

Don't be mislead by this title. I just want to know what your thoughts of modding for the next TES game.

Modding in general, in my opinion - seems somewhat... Incomplete... and this is my reason.

There are many many many mods out there, roughly 80% that include new NPCs, Zones, Dungeons and what not. But when modding, what on earth happened to the voices?

I actually hate all kinds of dialogue with no voices at all. The experience for me.. it just feels so empty and not as enjoyable. They release DLC for it with a cost, a Construction Set so you can modify your own copy of the DLC (But not redistribute) - But no text to voice generator (But with default voices)

I reckon something needs to be done about this, for example:

Speech generator using the default voices in the game perhaps? Similar to how Microsoft Sam and Microsoft Anna or Bonzi Buddy.

What are your opinions on this also? Do you think Bethesda should provide text to voice with the Construction Set(s)?

Kind Regards,

Jav'

P.S. I may create a look of it by using Visual Basic (Programming Software) to show a little bit of what it may look like.

The 'speech generator' you mentioned which would use vanilla voices,is exactly what I was thinking of when I played Oblivion mods,especially those which includes lots of dialogues.Yes,it is annoying that you have to read novels basically,without hearing it.

I don't know if it is possible to make that kind of a thing,though,it would be

awesome,i think I would replay some Oblivion again,then. :thumbsup:

It would be definitely great if they provide such thing for the new game CS. :biggrin:

Well, i think ur right.

It would be nice if we only could write text and then that tes cs use it and convert in some way or something so PC use default game voice and talk our text with their default voice.

Still, about mods, ur right also there are a lot of mods that needs voice.

mod without voice is good but.. not to good if everymod had a voice it would be perfect.

And again i think this is a little difficult to make.

DarkSide23000 :thumbsup:

Well, i think ur right.

It would be nice if we only could write text and then that tes cs use it and convert in some way or something so PC use default game voice and talk our text with their default voice.

mod without voice is good but.. not to good if everymod had a voice it would be perfect.

Not really difficult to make. It would just take quite alot of time. I remember watching a video where Jauffre (Grandmaster of the Blades) sounded like a Nord instead of a Breton. But still looked like a Breton.

It would be the exact same method thats used with Microsofts computer speech thing.

Well, i think ur right.

When I came here,I was like a kid in a candy store,mods everywhere for this and that,I added a lot of them,I mean,a LOT.Many of those had voice files as well,and I remember adding a particular one,which messed breton's voices,all of them in the game.Jauffre had an imperial voice in my game,and it was funny as hell. :biggrin:

Joke on the side,I would really like to see this to happen.Especially because I am making a huge one,and it would be much easier to do the voice with that kinda program,rather then doing voice acting by myself,which isn't hard for me,I'll eventually do some of it,but I have 316 pages of dialogue,so you get the picture.

Not really difficult to make. It would just take quite alot of time. I remember watching a video where Jauffre (Grandmaster of the Blades) sounded like a Nord instead of a Breton. But still looked like a Breton.

It would be the exact same method thats used with Microsofts computer speech thing.

I've tried making something like this awhile ago.

Its not massively difficult, it just takes alot of time to get it right.

Couldn't get the tone right - sounded more like a mumble or something. Similar to the registering sounds for like MSN (For the visually impaired/disability)

May start it again during my free time. On the time i'm not spending out with friends, family etc. Hardly got much free time anymore though.

If I do manage to create one during my free time, I'll upload it here.

I've tried making something like this awhile ago.

Its not massively difficult, it just takes alot of time to get it right.

Couldn't get the tone right - sounded more like a mumble or something. Similar to the registering sounds for like MSN (For the visually impaired/disability)

May start it again during my free time. On the time i'm not spending out with friends, family etc. Hardly got much free time anymore though.

If I do manage to create one during my free time, I'll upload it here.

It could be awesome, you have my moral support. :tongue: Now realy, it would be perfect and one of the most popular Oblivion utilities. For example, i like Kragenir's Death Quest, but it makes me nervous everytime i hit rumor, all i hear is ...(none)...So I deactivated it, unfortunately. :sleep:

It could be awesome, you have my moral support. :tongue: Now realy, it would be perfect and one of the most popular Oblivion utilities. For example, i like Kragenir's Death Quest, but it makes me nervous everytime i hit rumor, all i hear is ...(none)...So I deactivated it, unfortunately. :sleep:

Yeah well, don't hold your breath mate.

I can't promise anything :P I doubt Beth would let me try to mimic the character voices without trying to sue me for everything i own.

I know theres a mountain of software out there that converts text to speech, but can it be done perfectly with Oblivion? :\

Edit: Looks like MS don't support VB6 anymore :(

Some of the text to speech software packages are very good. They give you the ability to adjust inflection and rate etc on a word by word basis. Unfortunately I don't think any of the good ones are free.

It would be nice if more budding thespians would get involved in the custom voice projects.

Montana

Really though. The reason why many mods lack voices is more to do with how none of the voices which would be used would sound right when compared against stock voices, and for most, no amount of audio editing could solve this. Having the .lip generation broken in the 1.2 CS also severely limits things.

Even with a good text to speech program, you still have to spend many hours tweaking the sounds in the dialogue, so it would still be rather rare and often of poor quality.

Edited by Vagrant0