TES V

Javalin

Really though. The reason why many mods lack voices is more to do with how none of the voices which would be used would sound right when compared against stock voices, and for most, no amount of audio editing could solve this. Having the .lip generation broken in the 1.2 CS also severely limits things.

Even with a good text to speech program, you still have to spend many hours tweaking the sounds in the dialogue, so it would still be rather rare and often of poor quality.

I know you can use fraps and then rip the sound from the video file. I remember when i was making a video on there and I had recorded the vent audio aswell.

The ideal solution would be to find some people with theatrical voices, who have the ability to mimic existing vanilla voices. That way you could preserve the existing dialog and add more lines. Shouldnt be that hard, I'll start looking tomorrow.[\quote]

Nice idea, but be sure that those people don't want money...just a joke. :biggrin:

But I think that modders should add their own voices for mods, we wouldn't have problems then.

I would prefer no voice acting over crap voice acting myself. Even with a text to speech of the best quality a LOT of work would have to be put into it to make it sound right... computers cannot mimic motions and tonal fluctuation of the human voice without a TON of assistance. Most people would be like "Okay, program I want you to say this line for me... and now I'll throw it in my mod without fixing it." and call it good. Then we get cheesy voice acting that throws off the mood.

Or even if it's the modders themselves recording their voices and then throwing them in the mod it would be poor quality half the time. At least, I know that I don't own thousand plus dollar recording software and hardware so I can't do such a thing. Sure, I could get the tone and such right, not matching vanilla voices (which I hate anyway) but they sound pretty decent.... until you take into consideration the sound QUALITY. It's low quality. Nothing I can do about it without spending HOURS on each recording to perfect it... To me, it's not worth it just so /you/ don't have to read a few lines of dialogue.

I'd rather download a mod that would make ALL dialogue in Oblivion silent (save for battle taunts maybe). Remember Morrowind? Silence worked out pretty well in that game, and I never had an issue with it. That way when a mod adds "silent dialogue" I wouldn't know the difference! :)

Nice idea, but be sure that those people don't want money...just a joke. :biggrin:

But I think that modders should add their own voices for mods, we wouldn't have problems then.

Its been a very long time that i've been involved in any sort of programming. I only know of... two mods that do have their own voice acting, simply because these are the only ones i have installed.

Its not that we have problems now, its just an additional thing, a luxury we could add to the mod.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure my level of experience in software development would cut it, after all, i only did about 3 months or so in a course. Event scripting, making a calculator or having a series of lights, light up. This is so much different.

I'm very busy with work atm, so i'm finding it hard to fit time into do this, and do things in my personal life too :P

I'll see what I can come up with, but this will take awhile.

Its been a very long time that i've been involved in any sort of programming. I only know of... two mods that do have their own voice acting, simply because these are the only ones i have installed.

Its not that we have problems now, its just an additional thing, a luxury we could add to the mod.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure my level of experience in software development would cut it, after all, i only did about 3 months or so in a course. Event scripting, making a calculator or having a series of lights, light up. This is so much different.

I'm very busy with work atm, so i'm finding it hard to fit time into do this, and do things in my personal life too :P

I'll see what I can come up with, but this will take awhile.

Sure this is not problem of sort, but it'd make our lives better. :biggrin: No one is hurring you, man, just like you said, it's an optional thing and ofcourse, you are the one that is going to try this so we can only show some respect to you and your efforts :thumbsup: .

If you need any help, ask me so, even if my programming skills are equal to nothingness. :geek:

It could be awesome, you have my moral support. :tongue: Now realy, it would be perfect and one of the most popular Oblivion utilities. For example, i like Kragenir's Death Quest, but it makes me nervous everytime i hit rumor, all i hear is ...(none)...So I deactivated it, unfortunately. :sleep:

If you want you can disable the new rumors with the console command 'stopquest povrumors'. I actually tried to arrange voice acting for this part of the mod multiple times but it never worked out unfortunately.

Of course all the quests are unvoiced as well, you're not going to find a team crazy enough to voice 3000 lines. :P

It could be awesome, you have my moral support. :tongue: Now realy, it would be perfect and one of the most popular Oblivion utilities. For example, i like Kragenir's Death Quest, but it makes me nervous everytime i hit rumor, all i hear is ...(none)...So I deactivated it, unfortunately. :sleep:

If you want you can disable the new rumors with the console command 'stopquest povrumors'. I actually tried to arrange voice acting for this part of the mod multiple times but it never worked out unfortunately.

Of course all the quests are unvoiced as well, you're not going to find a team crazy enough to voice 3000 lines. :P

Oh thanks for this information. Looks like i missed it in readme file. Your mod is cool and it was hard for me to disable it just for rumors (now I understand Hollywood stars' pain which is caused by rumors :tongue: ). I hope you don't feel offended by my posts.

I think the real problem is that it is hard to insert voice files into the game.

It is easy to do voice-acting. It is just that it is technically difficult, and very time-consuming to put voices into the game.

There are tons of posts on the forums where people are begging for voice actors and actresses to help them. What I don't understand, is why they are not begging for technical people to help them insert their voice files into the games. I also never find any mods with voice acting, so I think their projects must be failing.

My wish is that the CS for TES V will make it really easy to do your own voice-acting. Just grab your microphone and go.

It would be really cool if it used software that could automatically morph everyone's voices to sound like the six voice actors in their game. I don't know if it is possible, but it would be cool. Even if the morphed voices were just kind of like the vanilla voices, it would come out better than if the modders tried to imitate the voices themselves.

It probably wouldn't work, but what if they had a system where there was a library of voiced words, just like the current game has a library of meshes and textures? If you used the words from the library, the computer would read them off using the vanilla voice actor voices. (You might need three varying copies of the words for proper inflection.) It would also be best if the most common quest sentences were files. That way there would be less transitions between words, which would be the point where things could go bad and make it sound like a robot. Voice actors could record new words to add to the library, and upload them with their mods.

Whatever they do in TES V, it is bound to come out better than the current system.