Steampunk Oblivion

TheOnlyJanitor

Pretty much this is what I figure. The Dwemer from Morrowind had all these cool gadgets, and Sotha Sil had his clockwork city, so the Elder Scrolls is pretty much BEGGING for a badass steampunk mod. I'm thinking something along these lines...

First, a new faction of Tinkerers/engineers, with quests and all sorts of stuff.

Second, a set of lesser powers gained through said faction, all relating to modifying/manipulating machines added by the mod.

Third, new monsters/dungeons, based around a whole dwemer theme.

Though it may not seem that way, I'm not advocating anything really outside of the lore of the games, nor unbalancing. Just an alterntive to magic, based on technology. Like maybe an item that can be dropped an activated, which would unfold into a mechanical spider or something, and you could use a lesser power to configure its weapon, through use of menus. Of course you would have to have said weapon to equip it to the machine.

A new crafting system for various gadgets and gizmos, like robotic walkers or steam powered guns. (This could make it much easier to have a gun in oblivion, what with the time nocking and aiming an arrow to compensate for a cylinder to build up pressure to fire.)

I have little experience in the construction set, but i figure this would be a great idea, so i'm just throwing it out there.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I'm already working on a steampunk project. I've always found it strange that there's so much demand for steampunk in the community, yet nothing has ever really been made...

I'm planning on making a recruitment thread in a few days, once I get my first full steampunk outfit textured and in the game. If you're interested in working with me on a fair-sized steampunk mod (and city), or perhaps would be interested in merging your current steampunk project with mine, send me a pm.

I'll be writing my thread with the things I'm planning pretty soon.

Yo, I just got my PC back and now i can start modding again. I could help you with new models or textures perhaps...the really like the whole steampunk idea.

• 2 years later...