ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Perioidic stuttering? Normal?

dosel38

Here are my basic PC specs:

Gtx 780

I5 3570k

8gb ram

250 gb ssd

Now the game will hiccup/hitch/ slight pause when I'm outside, go to pause menu, pipboy, just changing tabs on pipboy will do it. I have tried the NVSR but it did not fix this hitching stuttering. I tried 4gb new vegas and that did not work. I tried messing around with fps caps and vsync, max pre rendered frames, nothing works.

It seems alot of people with lower end pc's or laptop have microstuttering and that is fixed with the stutter remover, but some guys with high end computers like mine who get very good fps get this slight hitching when you walk around. The easy way to tell if you have it is go press ` then click on your character and type: setscale 5 then unclick the character and type tcl and tgm and walk around the map and it will probally stutter alot.

The only mod I have installed is enb and a sound effect mod but this happened over a year ago on my old gaming pc too with no mods.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959559-fallout-new-vegas/58004434

Please tell me this is normal and not my computer, I made 2 so far and both stutter the same. Due to my ocd this really really bothers me and I can't play it. I would be able to play it if someone could tell the truth if it really is normal or not.

Watch this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOR7wgMsBQ&feature=youtu.be

At the speed you're going, stuttering is expected. However, playing normally, e.g. at regular run or walk speeds the game stutters too for me. But I managed to fix stuttering almost completely by using the stutter remover mod.

Because the stutter mod does not fix it for you it might be one of the mods you're using. I don't run an ENB or a custom Pipboy like you do, so it might be related to that.

Not knowing much about computer hardware, I'd have to agree ob the (Gambryo?)engine. New Vegas and Oblivion are both buggy and I have to set my video options very low to get a smooth game on my upper mid-ranged PC. Skyim is a much more graphics intensive game yet I can crank my settings up to max and still get a stable, smooth game. I know the Creation engine and skyrim itself gets a lot of grief, but even with all of the great story and deep worlds the other games have, they nailed the gameplay aspect with skyrim and it makes going back to oblivion almost painful. New vegas is a different beast but yeah, there are stutters, and glitches, and CTDs.

Yes it is expected that your game will stutter that much, especially at that speed. New Vegas Stutter Remover fixed a lot of the stuttering problems for me, but even with NVSR my game stutters often.

NVSR: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34832/?

P.S: NVSR does require New Vegas Script Extender, which isn't to hard but can be bothersome, so if you don't wanna go through all that it's understandable.

Yes it is expected that your game will stutter that much, especially at that speed. New Vegas Stutter Remover fixed a lot of the stuttering problems for me, but even with NVSR my game stutters often.

P.S: NVSR does require New Vegas Script Extender, which isn't to hard but can be bothersome, so if you don't wanna go through all that it's understandable.

Did I not mention I already had that? It does remove a little stutter, but not all of it. So far I tried it on 3 computers all custom gaming rigs. And the stutter happens and is the least noticeable on the lower end one since the fps is lower it isnt as noticeable. Maybe thats why most people don't notice it so they claim it doesn't happen.

Did I not mention I already had that? It does remove a little stutter, but not all of it. So far I tried it on 3 computers all custom gaming rigs. And the stutter happens and is the least noticeable on the lower end one since the fps is lower it isnt as noticeable. Maybe thats why most people don't notice it so they claim it doesn't happen.

Oh sorry I didn't see that you had mentioned NVSR. Stuttering is expected on Fallout, no matter the strength of your computer. I have lower end computer, and like you said because it's lower end I have a higher FPS and lower default graphical settings. Maybe if you lower the graphical settings or the view distance on your computer, the stuttering will cease a little bit, although I haven't tried because my computer is default at the lowest settings. The only place mine constantly stutters is when opening up the pause menu.

Edited by avhill