Who Did You Kill To Get Into The Dark Brotherhood?

Stampede

What can i say i just hate elves

Indeed, A lot of them are pretty obnoxious.

Thats why they get a face punching, a good one

Well I'd say High Elves would have that problem...

anyways, the first one I "murdered" would be the Grey Prince, though I really liked him, the Arena quest required me to kill him, even he asked me to kill him and so I did.

That way, I earned a blood ticket by doing some good :biggrin: (fulfilling his request to kill him)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time the message appeared and i didn't bother to reload the game, was when i slaughtered the skooma-den in Bravil while they were sleeping. SSssSsSsSkkkKKOOOoooOOMMMmmMMaAAaAA.

On my second character i got the message when i killed the Argonian Blackwood Company mage during the Final fighters Guild mission.

I needed to fence 400g for thieves guild so I went to a weapon/armor shop and saw some valuable stuff lying around, but I couldn't get to them without the owner catching me so I sneaked and killed him, then stole the stuff that was lying ther.

PS: wonder what would happen if you'd kill rufio as your first murder(you need to kill him in your first quest for db)

I think he's set-up as an essential NPC until that quest gets triggered...

My first murder in OB was the Gray Prince (after helping him unravel his past). It was my first character and I was already a Thieves Guild member but I said to myself that I'd be a good guy, help the poor and fight of the daedric invasion.... until killing Rufio. From then on all my characters made it to Listener rank and collected all the bonus rewards. Best questline in vanilla IMO.

This was a sad story:

My first character (played to level 32) never killed anyone- and I kept wondering about the dark brotherhood...

My second character was also playing it good- so played for a while- then I installed this mod where I could conjur up a guard or a witch or a barbarian for help- and one day in a cave my spell hit a conjured witch- and suddenly I got this "unseen forces..." message and I said WTF!

Then I got that visit at night- and it was really tough- as I was really a very very good person...

and I must add that later on that cleansing ritual where I had to wipe out the entire stronghold was pretty disturbing for me- left me really confused about who I was and what I was doing...

The message came to me when I killed the first Sigil Keeper (in the first oblivion gate) or when I killed a wandering Dremora in that same gate, I can't remember exactly. It came to me quite as a surprise, as I can't really imagine how my "cold blooded murder" could have been sighted by anyone. :D Except if the soldier trapped in the cage next to the Sigil Keeper is actually a member of Dark Brotherhood? But how did he contact the others if he was in a cage in the plane of Oblivion, with the Oblivion gate shut? :D

The message came to me when I killed the first Sigil Keeper (in the first oblivion gate) or when I killed a wandering Dremora in that same gate, I can't remember exactly. It came to me quite as a surprise, as I can't really imagine how my "cold blooded murder" could have been sighted by anyone. :D Except if the soldier trapped in the cage next to the Sigil Keeper is actually a member of Dark Brotherhood? But how did he contact the others if he was in a cage in the plane of Oblivion, with the Oblivion gate shut? :D

Sithis sees all...

*ahem*

Well, I used the um...'Unfriendly Competition' quest in the Imperial City.

When I got to the last part (in the mausoleum, Agarmir and his guard friend) I sneaked through the door stooped down on the stairs in the dark, nocked an arrow and let it fly into the head of Agarmir's guard friend. Then I got the message. Lucien visited me, and the rest is history.

Although, with my first EVER character, I killed a vagrant in the IC. Then killed Lucien when he came to visit me in Anvil.

You people are constantly surprised by the message telling you that someone saw you. There isn't any sort of person who follows you and watches to see if you kill someone, Sithis sees you. How you can think it's a real person is beyond me. Sithis tells the Night Mother who tells the Listener who tells a Speaker, in this case Lucien, who visits you.

Getting message by killing random Dremora is not 'normal'. I think it's related to MOD conflicts or some bug. I also saw that, and I got in DB, but I had to reboot my game because I saw Martin & gang(^_^) was running around Sancre Tor after I retrieved Tiber Septim's armor...

First time I played Oblivion I played with a clean installation, without any mods. I got the message at the same time. So it couldn't have been a mod conflict. I do wonder what it *could* have been, but since I experienced no problems later in the game the first time I played, I presume no problems will occur this time either.

Archived