question about modding

owjwells

hey, im sorry this has probably been answered before but i was wondering, can i use pc mods for the xbox version of fallout. I just ordered a data transfer cable which should be here soon. but i was wondering if i would be able to use alot of the mods i see here on the site (alot of them look really cool). I have the digital version on my hard drive if that makes a difference. also if it does work does anyone have any suggestions for good mods? the gts looks really cool. thanks!

hey, im sorry this has probably been answered before but i was wondering, can i use pc mods for the xbox version of fallout. I just ordered a data transfer cable which should be here soon. but i was wondering if i would be able to use alot of the mods i see here on the site (alot of them look really cool). I have the digital version on my hard drive if that makes a difference. also if it does work does anyone have any suggestions for good mods? the gts looks really cool. thanks!

Sorry, but no. MS does not allow user made mods on the console.

BTW, Welcome to the Nexus

Bben46's FAQ, Can I use the mods on my 360?

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The file structures between the 360 and PC are totally different. Even if you could get a mod made for the PC into the 360 it won't work. To get it to work, you will have to rewrite the operating system of the 360 first, then rewrite every mod to work on that new operating system. Then, the maker of the 360 doesn't want you to do that. If you modify anything in it, they will block you the next time you go on their site. (read their terms and conditions) They make their money selling you new games and not by allowing you to use free mods.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked 360. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with “No recourse” for "hacking them".)

You agreed to this when you signed up! Read the fine print -Paraphrased: You have the right to use it only in the way they want you to use it and if you ever try to use it in any other way than the one they give you, they have the right to shut you down. If you need a paperweight, go down to the building supply and buy a brick - it's cheaper. :wallbash:

My advice, start saving now for a good PC - don't get a cheap one.