Questions You Always Wanted To Ask...

Stampede

Sorry if this is a spoiler, but where is the statue in Bruma, I can't find it anywhere in the city.

SPOILER!!!!did you close the Great Gate? if so, how can you miss it! Spoiler end!!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this is a spoiler, but where is the statue in Bruma, I can't find it anywhere in the city.

Has been answered already in the thread, but whatever. It's just left of one of the gates (inside bruma, not outside). I don't know which one, I'm guessing north.

Edit: The Vulture, what the? How come you post something a minute before I do so again, and once again in the same thread about the same question??? :huh: What a coincidence...

I could be mistaken, but I've heard it happens when you step into the Great Gate that opens in front of Bruma.

Ahem, with that being said, we seem to have deviated from the point of this thread. The questions here were meant to be rhetorical and tongue in cheek more than anything else.

Please put all quest related questions in the spoilers section.

Many thanks!

Erm - in what way didn't it help?

A lamentable case of wrong time, wrong place.

I wanted to experiment and discover just when and where the game takes an image of your character and uses it to model the statue. All previous accounts I've heard had me believing the statue would be erected at the actual battle site (once they cleared the wreckage, of course).

So there I am, looking over the lifeless hulk of a Daedric Siege Crawler and wondering just when the statue is going to pop up, and lo and behold, the thing turns up much less imposing in stature— as well as being in the wrong place.

Worst of all, so much time has passed that I cannot re-engaqe in the Battle of Bruma and figure out when the game images the model— 1) when you receive a certain quest update; 2) when you enter the Great Gate; 3) when you grab the Great Sigil Stone. Just as my luck would play out— I'll never find out myself.

By the by, the game imaged my character wielding an Steel Claymore (which is fine and dandy, unless your character is primarily an archer— which she is!) and is wearing a Chainmail helmet. I cannot recall at any point during battle where my character wore both a Chainmail helmet and fought with a claymore at the same time.

So I guess my cheeky, irrelevant question this turn is: who did the people of Bruma commission to make the statue? I've got an assassin who'd like to trade a few words with that unskilled dolt.

...Despite compliments to the contrary, it doesn't even look like her.

Guest Tessera

It's possible that the game takes a look at whatever gear you have in your inventory... and then makes an arbitrary choice based upon your total selection of stuff when it creates your statue.

You've inspired me to test this out. When I have some spare time, I think I'll save a game right before that section of the MQ, then take turns storing this or that piece of my character's gear before I actually head into the Great Gate. In other words, stash some gear in a storage chest first, then do the Gate, then reload, stash some other bit of her gear and do it again, etc. etc. I'm curious as to what it bases its decisions upon.

Of course, this also opens the possibility for an amoral prankster like me to force the creation of a naked statue of my elf in Bruma...

...oh, I am *so* gonna try that now. Should make for an interesting screenshot... LOL. ;D

Archived