Questions You Always Wanted To Ask...

Stampede

How come when you're in sneak mode npcs don't get suspicious? I mean you go into someones house or a store and you start sneaking around and all the owner does is follow... I know if I was the owner and someone was sneaking around at my place I would call the cops. lol :P

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come when you're in sneak mode npcs don't get suspicious? I mean you go into someones house or a store and you start sneaking around and all the owner does is follow... I know if I was the owner and someone was sneaking around at my place I would call the cops. lol :P

Because, they think your trying to sneak away from them and it makes them so happy, it doesn't cross them that stealing is on your mind, or maybe murder. Ha ha ha! The dumbasses...

• 2 weeks later...
*Might be a spoiler* How come when you bribe people its only for information... why can't you bribe the gaurds to look away for example... like in one of the dead drops. "I have picked up my next contract from the dead drop in the Castle Skingrad well. I have been ordered to kill the Khajiit J'Ghasta, who can be found at his house in Bruma. J'Ghasta is a master of unarmed combat, and will prove a challenging opponent. I should also be aware that J'Ghasta is expecting trouble, and has paid off the guards to look the other way if our fight spills out into the city streets." :dry:

You can. Once you get a guard's disposition high enough (through, say, bribery), his "goodbye" dialog will become "if you run into trouble, come find me." If you get a reasonably low bounty after that and yield to him, he'll take care of the fine and let you run off.

You'd actually be surprised at how much an increased disposition -- and thus, bribery -- can accomplish.

You can. Once you get a guard's disposition high enough (through, say, bribery), his "goodbye" dialog will become "if you run into trouble, come find me." If you get a reasonably low bounty after that and yield to him, he'll take care of the fine and let you run off.

You'd actually be surprised at how much an increased disposition -- and thus, bribery -- can accomplish.

I did that before I gots me a plant

I always wondered, when u kill somebody and their bodies mysteriously disappear a week later. where does the bodies go. :D

I always wondered, when u kill somebody and their bodies mysteriously disappear a week later. where does the bodies go. :D

Necromancers, or rats. Either one is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Better question is how there are alot more bandits, marauders, conjurers, and necromancers than there are people in all the towns combined. That's without any of them respawning.

...Better question is how there are alot more bandits, marauders, conjurers, and necromancers than there are people in all the towns combined. That's without any of them respawning.

Given the abhorrent lack of sanitation (or even simple toilets) the cities and towns most have a particularly special aroma that will linger in one's memory (and clothing ) forever. Given that little fact of life, it's no wonder that a great majority of Cyrodiil's population sought the unfettered bounds of the wilderness rather than fester in the reek of the urban areas.

I've got a few...

1. Why do corpses randomly burn and then get snuffed out, and then are lit on fire again in a few days?

2. How does a tiny Bosmer in dirty leather armor with a rusty bow have more experience than the Kvatch guards? Altough it sure explains quite a bit...

3. Why can't you get Human Blood from a dead body? A few slashes doesn't completely drain a body of blood...

4. Why do people run into fires, traps, and other dangerous things? If your smart enough to bring an extra sword and two healing potions before entering a ruin, I think you'd be smart enough not to run onto a rising panel three seconds in!

5. What happened to the Daedric War Machine at Kvatch?

6. Why do caves filled with trolls and ogres sometimes have Children's Trousers in them? o_O

Archived