what are all the races religions?

ArabWarFighter

Ok... I have been doing lots of reading for this... And it's going to be the weirdest, so bear with me...

The Redguard. The Redguard worship a mkstly different set of spirits who may not be spirits at all, but echoes of those who escaped the resetting of previous Timelines... Their pantheon generally breaks down as follows...

Satakal: The Snake-God of everything, who eats the world

Ruptga: Tall Papa, who discovered the Walk About to escape Satakal

Hoondig: The Make-Way God, the Yoku manifestation of perseverance over adversity

Diagna: A personification of the Hoondig that became perminent

Leki: Daughter of Ruptga, associated with swordsmanship

Morwha: Favorite wife of Ruptga. Has 4 arms to "grab more husbands" implying non-gender specific polygamy

Onsi: Warrior God, credited with teaching the Yoku how to make swords. Smith?

Sep: Trickster God, associated with Lorkhan

Tava: Sky goddess, associated with Kynnareth

Tu'whacca: Arkay

Zeht: God of Agriculture.

Malooc: Malacath, possibly the Goblin name for him.

Alright... That's not overly hard is it? Well... Let's get to the weird stuff... Ruptga is generally associated with Magnus, because of Magnus's escape from Mundus, but we have been told that this is not true, and that the Walk About is actually the escape from one Kalpa into the next. This could relate Ruptga to the entity that conspired with Dagon against Alduin, which led to Dagon becoming what he is now. It could also mean that Ruptga is a spirit who managed to escape Mundus well after it was finished. Whatever the case is, it's worth noting that the Redguard don't seem to pray to Ruptga, but rather seem to follow his example.

The second confusing concept is the Hoondig. This isn't so much a God, as it is God-like power. In many ways it resembles the mantle of Shezzarine, being an embodyment of change and a manifestation of the Redguard and their ability to overcome challenges. It's probably best described as an Over Soul, which bestows power to important individuals at important moments. The last was either Cyrus, the Prince he fought for, or both.

The most complicated of the Yoku concepts, however, is Satakal, the World Snake. It's cycle of consuming the world links it to Alduin, but from there it diverges dramatically. It is supposedly the source of the world, and exists in its own true world, and is the source of all snake-imagery in the Aubris. The fact is (or at least as far as we seem to understand it...) Satakal is from OUTSIDE the Dream. It is an intruder fro whatever reality Anu exists in, somehow infiltrating his dream in a similar, though far more influential way than the HIST. Why it is here, what it's agenda is and how it managed to enter the Dream are unanswered question.

The Redguard have also adopted most of the Aedric Divines, though some are still only known by their Yoku names.

Yeah.. things made more sense before the Anu-Dream thing... When we just had the Godhead to worry about, we could base thing on the reality of the Aubris without a problem... But then MK and Kurt mentioned in an IRC conversation with some community members that Anu was the dreamer, and that the Anuad was an echo of his existence before the Dream. That added another confusing element to things... But, life goes on...

Khajiit. Have I done Khajiit? No, no I haven't...

The Khajiit worship largely the same deities as others, but with a Cat-like twist. Alkosh, for instance, is the Cat-Dragon God of time.

They also generate the moon's, while demonizing Lorkhaj, the Moon Beast, largely synonimous with Lorkhan.

One thing to remember is that the Khajiit were from the same stock of Aldmer who became the Bosmer. While Y'ffre gave the Bosmer stability, Azurah (Azura... The Khajiit claim they are different, but all signs point to the Daedra) allowed them to keep their many forms, but linked them to the Lunar Lattice to give the Khajiit control.

Conflict is at the core of the Khajiit beliefs. Conflict of philosophy, nature and spirituality, usually manifested through duality. Two sides must be in conflict with each other, and both become stronger. This is represented in the Moons, who compete with each other for their place in the sky, and mimicked by the competing kingdoms of Anquina and Pelentine.

There is also a core philosophy of possibile impossibility. 'I could not do it, but I did' is apparentlya common phrase. This seems derived from the Khajiiti power of belief. They can do the impossible by believing in it, such as climbing on each others backs to reach the Moon.

Another core figure in both Khajiiti politics and relligion is the Mane. This is something of a debated figure, but current thought seems to indicate that he is a demigod. Just as the moons are Lorkhan's body, there is a third moon that only appears when the Mane is 'Chosen', and it is the divine presence of an as-yet unknown entity. There is only ever one Mane, and their rule is law.

Less about religion and more about their purpose (which is reflected through the religious aspects of their lunar-obsession) is that the Khajiit exist as a repair system for the Lunar Lattice, one part of the barrier that seperates Mundus from Oblivion. Why Azura would shore up something that keeps her out is unknown, but the Khajiit have 'Fixed' the moon's on at least 2 occasions. That they panicked, and we're unable to fix the Void Nights, is an indication of how powerful the magics that removed the Moons were.

Also of some note is the nature of Alkosh. I've seen some discussion on this late, and there is growing consensus that the various faces of the Time God represent different points in time. Auri'el is the past, Akatosh is the Preasent, Alkosh is the Future *and Alduin is the end*. This seems to support the idea that Alkosh is actually Tosh'Raka, leader of the Tiger People of Skagit, as Akavir is in the future... Also, Tosh'Raka is a tiger-turned-Dragon, sooo...

Anyway, I'll come back with a list of names and their roles later.

Edited by Lachdonin

Yeah, I was thinking about him as I wrote it, something bleeped and distracted me and he slipped my mind. I will fix that post-haste.

Though, now that I think about it... We''re missing a face of the Aka-Tusk... Who is the Beginning of Time?

Edited by Lachdonin

I believe I read somewhere, I think it was the book on Alduin and Akatosh? that Akatosh, or Auri-El in the elven mythology, is the soul of the son of Anu, Anui-El, so I guess it would simply be Anu in the end? Or perhaps Anu, Aurbis and Padomay are once again manifestations of Akatosh.. Which means the pantheon would be considerably dwindling in size.

Edited by Valkasha

Hmm... Maybe once I get through all of this I'll ramble about some of the more esoteric God-concepts like Sithis, and the currently accepted sequence by which the Aubris and Mundis formed... That would be a good time to talk about the Magne'Ge as well, but I'll have to refresh on them first...

Anywho... What have we left? Orcs, Bretons, Bosmer and Altmer, right?

The Bretons mostly worship the same 8/9 Divines as the Cyrodiil pantheon, having been indoctrinated by the Alessian Empire early on,but maintain some practices of their elven lineagebas well.

For instance, the Elven God Phynaster is still a commonly venerated deity. They also seem to accept Daedra worship with far greater regularity, likely a tradition that dated back to the Ayleid occupation of the region.

There is also some worship of Yokudan gods, likely due to the long history of interaction with Hammerfell, though this seems limited to the Iliac Bay region.

One thing that must always be considered about Highrock is the fact that it is highly divided. While archetecture and language are a common theme throughout, a God or Daedra worshiped in on Barony can be outlawed in the next. The Divines remain mostly constant, but minor gods shift wildly.

Amongs the Wyrd Covens, however, there is a common veneration of Y'ffre, sometimes Jauffry. This figure features more heavily in Bosmer tradition, but is generally viewed as a nature deity and the first of Tue Earthbones. Interestingly, the Ehlnofey you encounter in ESO refer to themselves as THE Y'ffre, indicating that it may be more of a collective than a single aredric spirit.

Another figure in Highrock, centered around the Iliac Bay region, is Ebonarm. This God is only ever mentioned during the events of Daggerfall, and may have been retconned out, but is something of a local war-God. Personally, I prefer the explination that his cult was absorbed by the growing Cult of Talos following the events of the Warp in the West.

Ok, Orcs. This is a short one, so I'll talk about some minor races after...

The Orcs are descended from Aldmer who served Trinimac, the Knight of the Dawn and general of Auri'el. Trinimac was corrupted, in part by Boethia, and became Malacath, and his followers became the Orsimer, also known as the Pariah Folk, or the Orcs. They still follow their God, adhering to Malacath's code and turning away from their other gods (the divines) who abandoned Malacath in his transformation.

Within Old Orsinium following its acceptance into the Empire, though, the cult of Trinimac was revived, preaching that Malacath was either an Iposter, or a perversion of his former self. It is unclear, however,if this cult survived the sacking of Orsinium in the early 4th era, and if it persists in Nova Orsinium.

The Goblins and Ogres seem to also revere Malacath in one way or another, referring to him variavly as Malak, Muluk, Maulak etc. This seems to vary from tribe to tribe, with no real consistency.

Now... More minor races...

The Imga of Valenwood revere the Altmer as paragons of civilization. This is less direct worship and more an emulation, seeking to mimic their Altmer masters in every conceivable way (this is a big gripe I have with Moonpath to Elsweyr... No Imga would act like the Berzerkers do in that mod, even if an Altmer told it to) It follows, then, that they believe in the Altmer gods as well.

The Sload of the Coral-Kingdom of Thras do not have any direct gods. They are very much like the Beholders of D&D, and are generally egotists in the extreme. They do make pacts with the Daedra on a regular basis, particularly Molag Bal. However, the Sload are related to Mannimarco, his moniker as King of Worms being a reference both to rotting corpses, and the Slows (who are the aforementioned Worms, and are master Necromancers). It is unclear if, since his ascention, Mannimarco has become their God, though he has been referee to as the God of Worms.

The Maormer of Padyonia are another obscure people. We know their ruler, Orgenum, is referee to as their God-King, so there is some implied worship there. He is also rumoured to BE Satakal, and is aging backwards, but the whole thing is largely unexplored...

The Satyr of Valenwood are rumoured to worship the Daedra.

The Centaur are not a well developed culture, but I've heard talk of them worshiping Kynnareth.

Harpies seem to have some kind of totemic worship, but they are mostly animalistic so it's hard to tell. The same goes for the Lahmia and Medusae.