Skyrim Lag on Chat/Items

willre00

So just recently my game started to lag badly on recieving items and talking. Someone will "give" me an item but it won't say item added for about 30 sec or more and it won't be in my inventory during that time. Also when talking I have to exit out of finished conversations. Any ideas? People have said to move the Skyrim and Skyrim. Pref INI files. Where would I move them?

You have script lag,

The suggestion to move the INI files is made with the idea that your problem may have been caused by changes to those files.

There are mods out there where people who think they know best load in their INI files to help optimize your game, this is bad you don't want someone elses INI file in your game.

All you need to do is delete the ini files and start the game up via Steam and it will generate new ones,

One of the ways you can experience script lag via INI file edits is that someone made a change to the way the game handles Papyrus Handling of Scripts this is found in Skyrim.ini

-Some mods actually require that your Papyrus is actually enabled in INI

-Some users claim that changing the Papyrus values reduces script lag and improves handling speeds

-I find that the bare minimum of turning on Default Pap values is the best way to go.

Other than that you want to consider optimization of your game.

SSME

ENB booster

Skyrim Configulator

Ordinator Textures / Texture Optimizer

One Tweak

Stuff like that