MGE and 64bit Windows 7

VictoriaG

Greetings people !

I'm also using MGE on a 64bit Windows 7, and I've the same problem of unability to read regitries when MGE launches.

I've done what K4567 was suggesting but nothing more. I've set security settings to full access (well what I believed to be the full access box in french, because I would translate the actual title of the tick-box by "full control", however it's the first in the list and they are all ticked except the last one "special autorizations" which is disactivited) for admin and all users in the security options of the Morrowind launcher, and since I had a doubt I did the same for MGEgui, the Morrowind.exe and Morrowind.ini http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif, executable files are launched in admin mod.

And still, MGE tells be it's unable to read the screen resolution and the window registries.

By the way I usualy use FPS Optimizer which could change the resolution but if I use MGE as well, is prevents FPS Opt to change it.

So here's the problem, Thank you very much for reading !

I had this same issue and nothing had worked till now. But found the problem finally:

Code for MGEgui.ResolutionForm has this:

public static bool ShowDialog(out Point p, out int refresh, bool Windowed) { // Fetch data from the registry RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind");

But my registry entry is this:

"Software\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind"

That WOW6432Node in between is causing the problem. Guess I will just have to use regedit and change the resolution for now.

Edited by n00pster

Greetings people !

I'm also using MGE on a 64bit Windows 7, and I've the same problem of unability to read regitries when MGE launches.

I've done what K4567 was suggesting but nothing more. I've set security settings to full access (well what I believed to be the full access box in french, because I would translate the actual title of the tick-box by "full control", however it's the first in the list and they are all ticked except the last one "special autorizations" which is disactivited) for admin and all users in the security options of the Morrowind launcher, and since I had a doubt I did the same for MGEgui, the Morrowind.exe and Morrowind.ini http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif, executable files are launched in admin mod.

And still, MGE tells be it's unable to read the screen resolution and the window registries.

By the way I usualy use FPS Optimizer which could change the resolution but if I use MGE as well, is prevents FPS Opt to change it.

So here's the problem, Thank you very much for reading !

I had this same issue and nothing had worked till now. But found the problem finally:

Code for MGEgui.ResolutionForm has this:

public static bool ShowDialog(out Point p, out int refresh, bool Windowed) { // Fetch data from the registry RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind");

But my registry entry is this:

"Software\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind"

That WOW6432Node in between is causing the problem. Guess I will just have to use regedit and change the resolution for now.

Update:

IMGEXEGUI resolution popup started working today somehow. I am guessing this is the reason - I gave morrowind.exe admin preivilege and changed the in game resolution once.

Also on a side note I am on Windows 10 not 7.