can't find tuts on this, please help

daverboon

I'm brand new to the construction set but I have done some bsic modding with fo3. I want to make a container the player can carry around in the inventory. I haven't the foggiest on creating new items in tes4 construction kit. Could someone help out or point me to a tut somewhere on this?

Other roleplaying games have containers you can carry in inventory which in turn have their own inventories, but Oblivion is not really set up for this. I have never encountered such a container in any mod I have played, so I think they are nonexistent or rare. I am pretty sure there are no tutorials. I can't think of how you would script one. It might be rather tricky. You might have to use OBSE.

Actually, horse saddlebags work this way, and I think there is a bag of holding mod as well as cobl luggage that does this too. Basically you have to script an item you want to use as a container so that when you activate it it gives you the option to either pick it up or open it to see the contents. If you choose open, it calls a reference to the actual container which is located in its own cell somewhere. I can't be any more detailed as I've never created one myself, but that's how I understand them to work. Search for saddlebags or bags of holding and look at those mods to see how the scripts and activators are set up.

-Razorpony

Thank you. using tes4ck isn't nearly as simple as using the one for fo3, i tried making a new item based off an existing one but the option to duplicate items doesn't seem to be readily available. Same goes with adding contents to containers, when I right click the only option I get is delete.

I'm brand new to the construction set but I have done some bsic modding with fo3. I want to make a container the player can carry around in the inventory. I haven't the foggiest on creating new items in tes4 construction kit. Could someone help out or point me to a tut somewhere on this?

Try Bag Of Holding by Quazzy.

i tried making a new item based off an existing one but the option to duplicate items doesn't seem to be readily available.

An easy way to do it is to change the EditorID (the CS name for the object) and click "Okay". You will get a message saying that you have changed the Editor ID and be asked if you want to create a new FormID. Choose "yes" and you will have your new object.

Same goes with adding contents to containers, when I right click the only option I get is delete.

You have to open the container's inventory in the CS (like you're trying to view it) and drag each item you want into it.

Try Bag Of Holding by Quazzy.

i tried making a new item based off an existing one but the option to duplicate items doesn't seem to be readily available.

An easy way to do it is to change the EditorID (the CS name for the object) and click "Okay". You will get a message saying that you have changed the Editor ID and be asked if you want to create a new FormID. Choose "yes" and you will have your new object.

Same goes with adding contents to containers, when I right click the only option I get is delete.

You have to open the container's inventory in the CS (like you're trying to view it) and drag each item you want into it.

ty and ty to the aboce aswell. i've been reading through the wiki and sortof beggining to understand. Anyways I'm trying to avoid using mods that involve obse, for personal reasons I won't mention here. I don't think bag of holding is possible without obse so for now i'll just work on magical container.

ty and ty to the above aswell. i've been reading through the wiki and sortof beggining to understand. Anyways I'm trying to avoid using mods that involve obse, for personal reasons I won't mention here. I don't think bag of holding is possible without obse so for now i'll just work on magical container.

In that case, try my Astral Storage mod. It's a spell that opens a container when you cast it.

ty and ty to the above aswell. i've been reading through the wiki and sortof beggining to understand. Anyways I'm trying to avoid using mods that involve obse, for personal reasons I won't mention here. I don't think bag of holding is possible without obse so for now i'll just work on magical container.

In that case, try my Astral Storage mod. It's a spell that opens a container when you cast it.

I'll check it out thanx, gettin the hang of things now.

The bag of holding mod doesn't require OBSE. :blink:

I could swear I read that in the readme or maybe the description. I've been reading alot of mods so maybe I just mixed up descriptions lol it happens.