Req: New Activators - Buttons and switches.

Fayd333

After being away from Fallout for a time I am finally back to working on my Sanctum Mod.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8180

A good part of the mod revolves around creating a working labratory for the player to conduct experiments in. Unfortunately Fallout does not really have a large selection of different types of buttons, switches and dials to use as activators in the GECK. I would like to add a console that has a variety of controls the player can interact with instead of the same switch over and over.

We do have a great deal of consoles and computers already available as resource/inspiration. Using the same textures would ensure that the new controls would blend seemlessly with exhisting statics.

I think it would be a great community resource if someone was willing to tackle the problem!

One option that seems to work is to take a standard activator and mod it to use some other mesh... done it with the infimary to use the std medkit box instead.

Also done it with the nukalamp and the std desk lamps vs slapping a switch on them

One option that seems to work is to take a standard activator and mod it to use some other mesh... done it with the infimary to use the std medkit box instead.

Also done it with the nukalamp and the std desk lamps vs slapping a switch on them

Guess I was not clear! :)

The problem is that when you actually WANT to use a button/switch and have it LOOK like a button/switch, the selection is rather limited. Just thought it was silly for the game to be filled with computers and machinery and have such a limited selection of actual buttons/switches/dials as activators.

Converting other exhisting meshes is a good idea and one I have made extensive use of already.

I just want a button that looks like a button! :confused: